Dreamcast (online)

hpoom

OK, I got my first dreamcast the other day (broken), cracked open the case and fixed it in 10mins. I have downloaded Linux for it and bought a keyboard and mouse off of ebay. It also can with a game and controller. My next plan is to get a VGA adapter. Are the unofficial as good as an offical one? And then a plan to buy a Broadband Adapter (although they go for alot on ebay!!!!!).

The problem I have is with Broadband adapters costing so much, can you still play dreamcast games online? I want the adapter mainly for Linux (I got the DC off a friend cus it was broken and I knew I could fix it and use linux on it, plus it's easy to get homebrew games and ports to work on it, have Doom and Quake working already!!!). I have the dramcast modem and a copy of DreamKey 1.5, should I be able to get online with this?

Also the game I got with it is ChuChu Rocket which supports internet gameplay, can i still connect with this???

Sorry for all the questions, just really buzzed by the mod/hack abilities of the DC and want to get some nice things running on it (inc Linux!)

hpoom

OK, seeing as I got no answers I went and had a look for help on the Sega website. It didn't tell me much (as in it did not say if I can still play DC games online or not), but they did have a bit for ordering DreamKey 3.0. So I filled in my details to get one of those, but still not sure if that will help or not. Anybody know ??????

hpoom said:
OK, seeing as I got no answers I went and had a look for help on the Sega website. It didn't tell me much (as in it did not say if I can still play DC games online or not), but they did have a bit for ordering DreamKey 3.0. So I filled in my details to get one of those, but still not sure if that will help or not. Anybody know ??????
well the closed down the officilal dreamcast website years ago, www.dreamcast-europe.com, can't believe they are taking orders for dreamkey though...

Uridium

Believe that with Dreamkey 3.0 you can use your own ISP rather than the static dialup connect that comes with Dreamkey 1.5.(if this even connects anymore)

I got a copy of Dreamkey 3.0 by downloading an ISO image from the web. May be worth doing a search on some BT sites for it.

Failing that it might be worth checking Ebay?

hpoom

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
...and even if you can...will there be anyone to play with? Even on Xbox live there are some games in which you will struggle to find an opponent...and that's current hardware.

hpoom

I would love to play Phantasy star online, but I don't have a copy. Does it still work online? if so I migh get a copy off of ebay and then maybe we can have an AVforum get together online with anybody that has the game.

Trending threads

Top Bottom