dreamcast on 16:9 TV

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Jimmathie, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Jimmathie

Jimmathie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of buying a widescreen TV (16:9) would the Sega Dreamcast play alright on the screen or would the games look stretchedbecause it was meant to be view on a 4:3 screen? I have heard that the PS2 and N64 are 4:3 AND 16:9 is this right?

Thanks.

2. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When I play some DC games, usually US imports, I usually have to switch my widescreen telly into 16:9 to see the full picture. I don't know if this means the games are widescreen or not.

I can honestly say your enjoyment of DC games on a widescreen tv will not be compromised in any way, unless you use a lightgun with any of your games. If so, do not buy a 100hz set if you are going to use your lightgun with it. It will not work.

3. GalaxiaN

GalaxiaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most Dreamcast games are in 4:3. The only game I have that has a 16:9 mode is Fur Fighters.

You don't have to view 4:3 images streched to 16:9 on a widescreen tv and I prefer to play the games in the mode they were designed to be played. So as long as the black borders left/right don't bother you everything will be fine.