1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamcast on 16:9 TV

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Jimmathie, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Jimmathie

Jimmathie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of buying a widescreen TV (16:9) would the Sega Dreamcast play alright on the screen or would the games look stretchedbecause it was meant to be view on a 4:3 screen? I have heard that the PS2 and N64 are 4:3 AND 16:9 is this right?

Thanks.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a WS and a DC. It's not a problem.

Some games allow for 16:9.

If the game doesn't allow for 16:9 then you have two choices

1. Change your tv mode. All WS tv's have different modes. Usually, 16:9, 4:3 (small picture in the middle) and some zoom modes to make the 4:3 picture fill more of the screen. The more you zoom in the more the picture fills the left and right of the screen but you loose more of the top and bottom.

2. Set you telly to 16:9 even though the game is 4:3. Some games you don't notice the difference.

Don't think about buying a DC or Widescreen TV. Both are essential purchases....In my optinion (before anyone posts a smart ass reply).

Jus.

3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    DC is fantastic! I'm glad there are so many fans of the system on this forum. Stick in Tennis 2, turn on Pro logic and away we go!