Dreamcast connections

tha-dizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Ive just signed up to the site so not to sure how to go bout this kinda stuff. Im really into retro gaming and with payday coming up soon (Thank God!:) ) a new (or old :confused: ) console is on the agenda. The console being the Sega Dreamcast, my question is what connections are on the back of the console??

Did Sega take the N64 Route or the PS2 (Scart) route ??

Any help would be great cheers.

DIZZLE

Originally posted by tha-dizzle
Hey,
Ive just signed up to the site so not to sure how to go bout this kinda stuff. Im really into retro gaming and with payday coming up soon (Thank God!:) ) a new (or old :confused: ) console is on the agenda. The console being the Sega Dreamcast, my question is what connections are on the back of the console??

Did Sega take the N64 Route or the PS2 (Scart) route ??

Any help would be great cheers.

DIZZLE

I'm pretty sure that the N64 cables work fine. (DC/N64 output to s-video, scart etc)

Elduderino

Hey Dizzle
Did you buy that Dreamcast??
Heard a rumour that your building a MAME machine (cabinet type)
Maybe i can help with my skills with electrical/power tools??
Where do you live?
Thanks in advance
Danny

Still on the cards is the Dreamcast but i should have it by the weekend.

U heard right, im starting to build one as we speak, are you into them?

Yea i will defo need some help if u can give it.

Let me know.

DIZZLE

Originally posted by tha-dizzle

U heard right, im starting to build one as we speak, are you into them?

Into them...I've been in the business for 15 years...Built 2 and bought an original arcade M/C and a jamma super-gun with the mortal kombat series.
No room for a new project so i'm going the Mame route via PC and making a custom Arcade controller to suit.
Probably in the MK series mould with the run button included.
Danny-p

Originally posted by danny-p
Into them...I've been in the business for 15 years...Built 2 and bought an original arcade M/C and a jamma super-gun with the mortal kombat series.
No room for a new project so i'm going the Mame route via PC and making a custom Arcade controller to suit.
Probably in the MK series mould with the run button included.
Danny-p

Thats what I am planning to do with my hcpc

As cool as a cab with proper controls is I think having my pc hooked up to my projector and Dreamcast arcade stick is pretty much unbeatable.

I've got a Jamma cab that I currently run MAME on (but it's a JAMMA to PC conversion so it still plays JAMMA boards). I also have had a PS2, Dreamcast and a Megadrive running on it through building 'looms' to connect the consoles to the JAMMA connector.

Playing games like VF4 evo, Soul Calibur 1 & 2, Power Stone 1&2, Gauntlet 4, streets of rage, PES etc. through the consoles on the cab is great! I did seem to fry my sync splitter chip though through playing 60htz PS2 games on the cab though. I replaced the chip and stuck to 50htz games and it was ok after that. Not sure if it was the constant 50-60htz swapping or just a dofgy chip that was to blame though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom