Dreamcast Component output possible?

R

ricdiggle

Can someone tell me how to get component output from my Dreamcast. It is a UK model and I would very much like to know if this is possible and where I can get a suitable lead for it.

Many thanks,
Richard.

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
there isn;t one mate. VGA is definately worth a try though cos the quality is fantastic. Unfortunately in VGA mode the DC wont allow a 16:9 mode..

R

ricdiggle

Thanks for that.
Thought I'd read it was possible somewhere.
Mind you - with all the info available on this site, it's no wonder a man can get confused!:)
Appreciate the reply though.

Richard

N

NeoBlade

I want to get component out from my DC as well and from what I know it can only be done via a VGA adapter, then use a VGA to component adapter. First though I want a good quality VGA adapter for the DC and I have been told that many of the 3rd party ones are very poor >_< I have a diagram on how to make one but then I'm not an electrition and I can't remember what certain symbols are >_<

Nike

Originally posted by museumsteve
there isn;t one mate. VGA is definately worth a try though cos the quality is fantastic. Unfortunately in VGA mode the DC wont allow a 16:9 mode..

How do you select 16:9 mode on the Dreamcast? I wasn't aware of this. Is it just on certain games?

I use S-video connection btw.

"stranger to the video games forum..."

N

NeoBlade

I can't remember any games that support 16:9 on the Dreamcast right now... Mind you my collection is slightly limited but at least I have Ikaruga ^_^ Must buy this for the Gamecube once its out in Japan or US.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom