Dreambox Sim Cards

BoBoBoland

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into buying dreamboxes. What is the SIM card in them for and what's the difference between the 2.10 and the A8P . These are clones I'm looking at.

Thanks.

It's basically a security measure. The SIMs are reverse engineered from the DM originals and once upon a time the clones could run the same images without any patching but those days are gone with 2.1. SIM 2.1 has lots of support and works just fine. A8P is supposed to support the offical images (for now...) but I've no experience of it and don't see a need for it.

Oh that's fine. So with an A8P I can install an original image and the 2.1 I can only install spurious images is that correct? Other than that does it affect the performance of the box in anyway?

If it works as claimed then yes, but for how long who knows. Sim does not effect performance.

That's lovely thanks. Also do you know anything about EPGs on dreamboxes is there anyway to get a full one like sky?

Yep any decent image will have CrossEPG installed. With minor configuration you'll get 7 day EPG for supported providers. Note there's no real series linking for recording though, there's a plugin called autotimer that attempts to emulate it but I've not used it.

Image is personal preference, and may vary depending on the sim, google will find lots of forums.

I have a sim 2.1 dreambox 800se, theres loads of images out for it so as far as clones go, you can't go wrong with either a8p or sim 2.1

As for epg crossepg will pull in the epg data and personally I use a plugin called cool epg guide which gives you a nice looking channel guide to use the data from crossepg. i'd start with an openpli based image, I always find them easiest to setup and use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom