• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dreambox in another room

steve1966

Hi,
Is it possible to network another Dreambox to my existing Dreambox and receive the same channels on both boxes ?

marius79*86

Standard Member
hi. i have a dreambox 7020 and 2 octo lnb. i want to have freeview and sky on 4 tv. how can i do that, should i put a decoder for each room or has the dreambox the possibility to conect to 4 tv? will i be able to switch ch individual for each tv? can anyone help me with some advice, forum and equipment i will need? thanx:lease: ideal i would like to use only 7020 with diseqc switch for switching beetwen satelites and the rest i dont no.

sibeer

CCCAM and a number of other Dreambox apps allow you to share service cards around a network or over the internet. When set up right at both ends of the share they can access the same encrypted services.

Obviously there are numerous legal implications of this, for instance using it for Sky is clearly breaking the law. Using it for subscription services for packages that are not sold in this country is more of a grey area, if you cannot buy a service legally here then are you breaking the law by hacking it?

Bit more opinion on this at dedicated sat sites:

Foreign TV - Legal - Satellite TV support forum & Digital TV support forum.

sibeer

hi. i have a dreambox 7020 and 2 octo lnb. i want to have freeview and sky on 4 tv. how can i do that, should i put a decoder for each room or has the dreambox the possibility to conect to 4 tv? will i be able to switch ch individual for each tv? can anyone help me with some advice, forum and equipment i will need? thanx:lease: ideal i would like to use only 7020 with diseqc switch for switching beetwen satelites and the rest i dont no.

Every receiver will need to be connected to the satellite you want to watch on it. This can be done via loop through, but to my knowledge this would mean only one receiver on at a time.

In my home rewiring for example, I am running a UK Sat feed to every room as I may want to put Freesat or Sky in any of them in the future. I will then run a loop from my main receiver in the lounge to all the other boxes for my motorised dish incase I want to watch foreign channels elsewhere at some point :thumbsup:

marius79*86

Standard Member
hi siber,

I documented about cccam, now i'm wondering. I put two quad lnb with disecq (one for sky and one for freesat for ex). in first room dm800hd with cccam installed and connected through a router to dm500 in the second room.
:confused:Will I have to install cccam on second box(dm500)? Will it work if second also connect directly to the antenna through a second disecq or loop is enough for them to work simultaneously? :confused:

thanks

sibeer

hi siber,

I documented about cccam, now i'm wondering. I put two quad lnb with disecq (one for sky and one for freesat for ex). in first room dm800hd with cccam installed and connected through a router to dm500 in the second room.
:confused:Will I have to install cccam on second box(dm500)? Will it work if second also connect directly to the antenna through a second disecq or loop is enough for them to work simultaneously? :confused:

thanks

You have to run CCCAM on all boxes. To my knoledge a loopthrough will only work for one box being run at a time, seperate feeds is always best.

macussa

Standard Member
You have to run CCCAM on all boxes. To my knoledge a loopthrough will only work for one box being run at a time, seperate feeds is always best.

Correct ,, what you could do is set up the 2nd box with an ip adress ,, where you share the same CCAM on both boxes ,, so no need to have diffrente ccam set up on every box.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom