1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Vision's Cinema Ten Pro 16:9 or 4:3?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by samessex, Jan 14, 2002.

1. samessex

samessex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone out there has any information on whether the new Dream Vision Cinema Ten Pro will be using TI's new 16:9 chip or not?

Apparently it was to be released as a 16:9 unit but on the website it's stated as being 4:3.... The machine itself looks pretty schmick and the specs look great - you'd think DV would want to release it as THE new DLP on the market to establish itself against the new Sharp 16:9 DLP, etc...

2. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    XGA res makes more sense (4:3) as the new TI chip is only really useful if you have HDTV, which I do not believe France (where Dreamvision is based) is getting any time soon (although I could be wrong). XGA res offers widescreen PAL transmissions without scaling, so I'm told, and making this model 1280x720 would mean there would be bad processing artefacts, or else Dreamvision would have had to shell out for a better on-board scaler (as Sharp, Sim2 and Marantz have done with their 720p models).