1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRC vs Pixle plus

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kishore, Oct 6, 2003.

1. kishore

kishore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

i am from india and in process of purchasing a new television. I am lost in deciding weather to purchse a SONY DRC MF model KVR-DR34M97/67 or SOny KV-HS29M61 or a Philips 29PT9420.

I have just had a priliminary look at both the TV's personally felt the colors on a DRC were more vibrant and rich compared to the PP.

Any one who can help me in deciding would me greatly appricated.

Kishore

====
    Denon 2802, Harman Kardon 25, Sony Speakers.

2. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Its only my opinion but I find the 100Hz processing on Philips TV's
    (and Pixel plus TV's) to be very pixelly and digital. Most noticeable on panning shots as in football, rugby, snooker etc. but once you see it you will see it all the time. Look at the texture of close up faces and you will see a graininess moving around all the time.
    The Sony DRC looks much cleaner to me, and even better in 50Hz mode.

3. kishore

kishore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    Many thanx warpaint.

The dealer in india says the philips PP can display progressive scan out put of a DVD how far is it correct ?

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    kishore, with regards to prog scan display, it depends on the exact model. No Pixel+ model in Europe has this capability however there are some U.S., middle east and asian models which can. Check the Philips website to be sure.

The colours etc can obviously be adjusted with any set. You should take your favourite DVD and DVD player with you to the dealer and spend time to decide which picture YOU find the best. I've had my Philips Pixel+ set (32PW9617) for more than a year now and it still makes me grin when I watch a film on it (the picture is that good for me).

Good luck with the purchase ;)

5. kishore

kishore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanx RCT.

i have tested the PP and a DRC with my DVD and still find the contrast and image clarity to be better on a Sony.

upon watching from very close the image on a DRC shows pixels where as a PP is much smoother. but from notmal watching distance DRC image and colors are very pleasing.