DrayTek Vigor 2820n > DrayTek Vigor AP700 Problems

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by mattmanwrx, Dec 30, 2011.

1. mattmanwrx

mattmanwrx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,
    My first post here, just need help with my home network...

I have a virgin 30mb service that came with theSuperHub. I have a DrayTek Vigor 2820n router that my work gave to me :)

The SuperHub goes into the DrayTek 2820n and gives a wireless signal through both (my dad seems to think the Virgin is easier to connect to?). The Virgin internet has been placed in my bedroom upstairs, and the DrayTek ariels point downstairs to everyone else.

I have purchased a Vigor AP 700 to help the connection downstairs. I wish to have the AP700 downstairs emitting a wireless signal that is picked up from the DrayTek Vigor 2820n upstairs.

I have tried following this setup, Vigor WLAN - VigorAP 700 - WDS Mode which should have been very easy as it uses the DrayTek 2820n and the DrayTek AP700, however, I cannot get it work... I can have the 2820n working fine upstairs, then, when connected to the AP700 it drops the internet connection... Is this because of the SuperHub? The 2820n gets an ip from the SuperHub, and I havent got it set to anything special (it gets the mac adress too, instead of me entering it.).

I have the 2820n giving me a wireless signal, but the AP700 fails to obtain an ip address... this is after setting the AP700 to a different SSID than the 2820n, if both have the same SSID, then it cannot connect at all.

Hopefully somewhere here can help, I'm at a loss at the moment.. :lease:

I'm half confident with networking, can get stuck sometimes (as i've proen here)!!

Many Thanks, Merrry Christmas, and Happy New Year,

Matt :)

2. mattmanwrx

mattmanwrx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0