Draper ReactII fitted and tested

Surely you don’t need to bring the screen down if you know it’s size just set the pj up at the distance it will be and project onto the wall and adjust image size.

I've heard with a short throw ratio on an ALR screen, you can get defects with the image so I wanted to check if I get them at the given ratio.

You can stop the screen at any point be pressing the middle button out of the 3.. I’d be worried if it falling off the ladder and being damaged personally, they are heavy and probably have quite a bit of torque.. Which ever screen you end up with you’ll probably need a plinth / baton anyway..

You can stop the screen at any point be pressing the middle button out of the 3.. I’d be worried if it falling off the ladder and being damaged personally, they are heavy and probably have quite a bit of torque.. Which ever screen you end up with you’ll probably need a plinth / baton anyway..

Yeah I think its a stupid risky idea in hindsight. I'll just put the screen up and see I think. Complicating stuff for the sake of it now lol.

With people that have drapers, have you ceiling mounted your projectors or put them on a shelf?

I've read some stuff about viewing angles and its really confused me now!

With people that have drapers, have you ceiling mounted your projectors or put them on a shelf?

I've read some stuff about viewing angles and its really confused me now!
It's likely to do with trying to elimate hotspotting.

It's likely to do with trying to elimate hotspotting.

Yup any advice from users here? Is ceiling mounted ok.. or...?

I don’t need a perfect image altho the better is always nicer. At the moment I’m on a wall lol.

on a chest of draws - no issue with hot spotting - don't look for issues and you probably wont see any

on a chest of draws - no issue with hot spotting - don't look for issues and you probably wont see any

this is the best advice so far Tim

youll be good to go - enjoy!!

rare moment of clarity Al - still loving the N5 mate especially after frame adapt HDR - guess business as usual with Epson and JVC as sales leaders

1f6tRQs.jpg

h0LAqi2.jpg

bewuNiI.jpg

9Asogg2.jpg

and the last 2 were iPhone 7 pictures of my old Epson 9300 onto a react 2.1 screen

youll be good to go - enjoy!!
rare moment of clarity Al - still loving the N5 mate especially after frame adapt HDR - guess business as usual with Epson and JVC as sales leaders

Thank you! Space is a bit of an issue in this room, if that’s not possible am i a bit stuck?

I have this big ass thing which has really restricted my placement options for the pj to the ceiling unless someone can suggest to me a better alternative. The top hit has 6 inches of clearance and sadly the hw40es needs about 7 or 8

Attachments

• C4DF44B3-C234-40B9-9701-AEB10312EC3F.jpeg
    C4DF44B3-C234-40B9-9701-AEB10312EC3F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
N5 onto the react screen

ZkugPLZ.jpg

MeCaO4K.jpg

JbpJduF.jpg

yqAz38H.jpg

FSAzwf9.jpg

UoJi76Q.jpg

still with phone camera but Huawei P20Pro which is a much better camera

the screen is a winner - I had a Sony 55ES that I used with the same screen and it was great - just not as good as the Epson or JVC

N5 onto the react screen

ZkugPLZ.jpg

MeCaO4K.jpg

JbpJduF.jpg

yqAz38H.jpg

FSAzwf9.jpg

UoJi76Q.jpg

still with phone camera but Huawei P20Pro which is a much better camera

the screen is a winner - I had a Sony 55ES that I used with the same screen and it was great - just not as good as the Epson or JVC

That looks gorgeous and will likely be my upgrade path. I just can't get the basics at the moment given my room logistics.

Is it really that bad to have the PJ ceiling mounted with the react?

should make no difference at all as the Sony has plenty of lens shift as I recall it

the N5 is a big sod so I feel safer not ceiling mounting it - personal preference

should make no difference at all as the Sony has plenty of lens shift as I recall it

I'd read on an internet forum that having the projector ceiling mounted (like reversed in position) can cause lots of hot spotting.

you can read too much on forums lol - install it and have fun

really cant see why - mine is upright at the level of the bottom of the screen and roof mounted is the same but inverted and then level with the top of the screen - either way you use a little bit of vertical shift

That looks gorgeous and will likely be my upgrade path. I just can't get the basics at the moment given my room logistics.

Is it really that bad to have the PJ ceiling mounted with the react?
No what they are saying is what you could have it on a shelf and hopefully there would be no issue with hot spotting, if the ceiling mounted is the only viable place with lense shift if the image is on the screen then all is good.:smashin:

No what they are saying is what you could have it on a shelf and hopefully there would be no issue with hot spotting, if the ceiling mounted is the only viable place with lense shift if the image is on the screen then all is good.:smashin:

Perfect! thank you. so I'll just ceiling mount it as high as I can and then use the lens shift to bring it back down to the screen? :) I wish I had a few more inches in this room. It would have made everything so much more easy. :(

1f6tRQs.jpg

h0LAqi2.jpg

bewuNiI.jpg

9Asogg2.jpg

and the last 2 were iPhone 7 pictures of my old Epson 9300 onto a react 2.1 screen

BTW mate, whats ur room treatment like for this? I'd be so surprised if it was white ceilings white walls (surprised and amazed and excited).

caramel coloured walls and darkish matte grey ceiling - it was stil good when all white but will be better if you can tone it down a bit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom