• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Draper ReactII fitted and tested

jakimp

should make no difference at all as the Sony has plenty of lens shift as I recall it

aoaaron

jakimp

the N5 is a big sod so I feel safer not ceiling mounting it - personal preference

aoaaron

should make no difference at all as the Sony has plenty of lens shift as I recall it

I'd read on an internet forum that having the projector ceiling mounted (like reversed in position) can cause lots of hot spotting.

jakimp

you can read too much on forums lol - install it and have fun

jakimp

really cant see why - mine is upright at the level of the bottom of the screen and roof mounted is the same but inverted and then level with the top of the screen - either way you use a little bit of vertical shift

sim12

That looks gorgeous and will likely be my upgrade path. I just can't get the basics at the moment given my room logistics.

Is it really that bad to have the PJ ceiling mounted with the react?
No what they are saying is what you could have it on a shelf and hopefully there would be no issue with hot spotting, if the ceiling mounted is the only viable place with lense shift if the image is on the screen then all is good.:smashin:

aoaaron

No what they are saying is what you could have it on a shelf and hopefully there would be no issue with hot spotting, if the ceiling mounted is the only viable place with lense shift if the image is on the screen then all is good.:smashin:

Perfect! thank you. so I'll just ceiling mount it as high as I can and then use the lens shift to bring it back down to the screen? :) I wish I had a few more inches in this room. It would have made everything so much more easy. :(

aoaaron

and the last 2 were iPhone 7 pictures of my old Epson 9300 onto a react 2.1 screen

BTW mate, whats ur room treatment like for this? I'd be so surprised if it was white ceilings white walls (surprised and amazed and excited).

jakimp

caramel coloured walls and darkish matte grey ceiling - it was stil good when all white but will be better if you can tone it down a bit

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
That looks gorgeous and will likely be my upgrade path. I just can't get the basics at the moment given my room logistics.

Is it really that bad to have the PJ ceiling mounted with the react?
I had no problem with my JVC ceiling mounted with max vertical lens shift, but my throw was longer. If you have short throw and you are using full lens shift it might we worse.

ALR screens work by attenuating light coming at the screen from an angle. The closer and higher up you get the more that attenuation will be attenuating the light from the projector too.

It sounds like you're committed to the screen anyway, so reality is you're fretting for no purpose now - it will be what it will be. Best thing to do is get it up and try it.

Top Bottom