Draper Luma VS DRH

ibster

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive narrowed it down to these 2 budjet screens, ive read a lot about screen curl on the luma so i am a bit hesitant but Draper are a bigger company. I was thinking about getting the 8ft screen to go with my AE100, presently am projecting onto a 7ft grey blackout blind from IKEA which is excellent but no black borders which i find irritating. Also moving house soon so will not be able to hide the blind and it may look strange having a blind hanging on the celeing with no window!

What do u guys think i should get ?

Hi

I guess its down to searching the forums for comments really unless you can physically go see both.

The other problem is that both can suffer from wrinkes etc...

I bought the DRH and have found it excellent in all respects - especially the price of the slimline electric model.

The motor on the DRH can be a bit noisy - no big issue really but it may bug you... not sure how bad the Draper is... may even be the same type of motor.

The after sales service from DRH is excellent... as you are buying direct from the manufacturer, I guess it should be!

I would check the physical dimensions of the screens - the DRH slimline is a very tidy housing and the motor is very neatly built in with no bulky "bits or bulges" on the outside. The motor in the DRH is inside the roller - not sure if the Draper is the same.

The black border on my DRH has a slight curl - there is certainly no curl on the main picture area.

Hope that is of help

David

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom