Draper Luma - not 16:9!

PIPChUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently got a 92 inch draper luma in grey and today got to installing it... but it isn't the size advertised! My 16:9 image does not fit the screen area! I checked and the screen is advertised at having a viewable area of 92x52 inch (approx) but the black bordered area is more like 57 inches in height than 52. I can get around this by having the screen in the first 'up' position but then I am losing the masking at the top which is a bit of a bugger.

So what is the deal - are these screens meant to be something other than 16:9 and you use the adjustment to compensate (and lose the top border)? I just feel a little bit 'done' that the screen is not as I was led to believe!

thanks

Hi,

I've had 3 different Draper luma Screens, and all have been at the correct 16:9 ratio. It sounds like you have been supplied with a 16:10 screen by mistake (check the box). Hopefully you can get it swapped.

Width is spot on.... after some reading online it looks like I have a 16:10 screen. I hope Ivojo will be good enough to swap it over even though the screen is out of the box etc.... cross your fingers...

I managed to recover the box for it and it definitely has part number 207105 which is meant to be 16:9 high contrast grey with a height of 52 inches... but the black bordered area of my screen is clearly 57 inches. I am also wondering if the screen is actually grey! Is draper grey very clearly grey? At first I thought that the material was only slightly off white but now I am wondering if it is actually just a white screen with a 16:10 ratio... and they have put it in the wrong box!

Just to update, Ivojo and Draper got me a new screen, double quick time. Now that I have the new one it is clear that a white 16:10 screen has accidently found its way into a 16:9 grey screen - suppose it is quite an easy error and I am happy to have it sorted.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the HC grey material - any good?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom