1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draper Luma Grey - better alternative ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chriswhiteuk, Apr 15, 2005.

1. chriswhiteuk

chriswhiteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi there

After getting my new AE700, I seem to notice the creases more on my Draper Luma - so panning scenes are getting annoying to me and I can't enjoy a film.

Do electric screens have a flatter screen area v. manual pull down - as you don't have to stretch them pulling them up/down ?

Am running a 60" screen - any recommendations on a replacement ?

Looking at the OWL offering at the moment.

Is tab-tensioned worth going for ?

Many thanks

Chris

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,670
    Generaly the only way to get a flat screen is to have a tab tensioned or fixed frame screen. Ordinary pull down or electric (non TT) tend to ripple to some degree. I think someone once mentioned a sceen that was made form a different material and that didn't ripple, but I can't remember the details now.

Gary

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Tab-tensioned certainly seems to do the job. I've only had mine running for a few weeks but I would never go back to free hanging again. Even my mates who think I'm insane spending money on HC stuff have all commented on the difference.

Never been in a position to go for a fixed screen but that may be a cheaper alternative.