draper diplomat tab tensioned (euroscreen) questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sunshinewelly, May 20, 2019.

1. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +483
    I am picking up a second hand screen and have a few questions

1. can anyone confirm if the back of the bottom bar is flush in effect with the rear of the case. I am handing the screen in front of my TV and want it as close as possible to the screen . My current screen is slightly close and i have to move the bottom bar out so the screen actually touches the screen frame (lucky my sony tv has a slighly raised frame around the screen itself)

however i want to install the new screen so the bar drops in front of the screen and does not touch it. I assume if i make sure the rear of the casing is a couple of mm in front of the screen that the bottom bar should then pass in front of the screen without touching it.

2. i note that the screen appears to hang from bolts on top of the case. My current screen has holes in the rear of the casing which you can then hang over screws so that the rear of the case can then rest against the wall (or battons) providing some stability. The diplomat appears to hang on a bracket - does this mean the casing will move (swing)

3. does it actually matter whether its hung from the wall or the ceiling.

2. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Yes, it is flush. I do the same, hung just in front of my TV.

Correct.

Yeah it isn't the best but once mounted on a suitably strong bracket, it's very sturdy and only flexes as much as the bracket does. The mount to bracket fixing is solid, if a tad awkward to fit. It can be done as a one person job but its much easier and safer as a two/three person job.

I can't really answer that as I have no choice in the matter as I have a sloping ceiling, but given enough screen leader, you should be able to drop it from either the ceiling or wall. It probably comes down to aesthetics and personal preference.

3. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,466
    Here are the mounting instructions:

Attached Files:

4. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: