• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Draper Baronet - inline switch

bugi666

I just got a used Draper Baronet screen, that has been used in office environment. When it was removed, the cable was cut at the wall, and I'm left only with 4 core cable with no control. I've got some RF control centre that came with it, but I noticed that Drapers originally have an in-line switch for moving screen up/down.
Does anyone know what part number that is, or what other in-line switch I could use? I tried to google it but I only found complete Draper and other screens (Grandview, etc) - and I'm after a separate part...

Harkon321

Could you swap for a 12v trigger box?

bugi666

I'm looking for an easiest solution, to be honest. My plan is to cut the cable short at the projector end and put there a standard power socket (similar to the ones in PC for example), then connect the cable to it when needed, as I'm using it 3-4 times a month.

Harkon321

The 12v trigger box I got from Allan at Ideal AV was very straight forward to fit. You attached the 4 core cable from the screen one side and a standard 2.5mm twin and earth the other.

To be honest your best bet might be to ring draper or someone like Allan as a draper dealer and asking them to send you a standard switch. I can't see them being that expensive.

bugi666

That sounds like something I'm after, thanks!
I've already contacted Draper, but ... It's been a while and no reply. To be honest, I have tried in the past to ask them few questions regarding screen material (wanted to order a replacement for a fixed-screen), and got absolutely nowhere with them, so don't expect miracles :D.

Harkon321

Ring them mate. They were extremely helpful when I rang them for something. If not as I say, ring Allan at Ideal AV at I'm sure he'll have a part number.

If not 12v trigger box was about £10 and would do the trick it just means you need a cable from the projector to the box which might be a pain for you.

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
give me a ring as I might just have what you need

Allan

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom