Dragon's Lair (TBC)

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
It's almost certainly going to be an XBLA release anyway: -

A rating for an Xbox 360 version of Dragon’s Lair has just appeared on the official PEGI website. The rating, a PEGI 7 with a violence warning, was awarded on the 16th.

The rating lists the publisher as “Microsoft Ireland Research” – who are also listed alongside the ratings of games including Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, Trials Evolution, Ms. Splosion Man and Retro City Rampage – suggesting this is an XBLA release and not a disc.
PEGI outs Dragon's Lair for XBLA | VG247

Loved the arcade cabinet. Was in awe of the visuals at the time.
Having send that remakes of Dragons Lair have often been received poorly.

There was a decent game on the C64 which was more of an extension rather than a copy of the arcade game.

I also had a copy on DVD but the response times were painfully slow (probably my DVD player from years ago)

Will keep an eye on it but generally these 'Laser Disc' games do not age well as it is effectively a series of quick time events. Something that most people will not put up with for an entire game.

Last edited:
I used to be able to finish it in one life in the arcades, but then years later my friend bought it for the Sega Mega CD and I absolutely sucked at it.

I doubt I'll buy this. As you say, the game is just quicktime events. You repeat a level until you learn the pattern and then aside from some of the levels appearing mirrored, the pattern is always the same every time you play. The appeal of it was that you were basically playing a cartoon back in the days when games looked like ass, but games look much better these days! Maybe I would drop 200-400 MSP on it for nostalgia purposes though, I dunno.

I am impressed you could complete it in one life. I was frankly useless at it.
Do remember seeing someone complete it, I was in awe! :D

There is a trailer up on the Marketplace under the Game videos.
Looks like it will have Kinect support though controllers will also be supported.
A co-op option will be available too.

Its raised my interest again but I do not have Kinect and have no plans to buy it. The co-op could be interesting though not sure how it will work....
Though jumping around may become tiresome...

Being Kinect enabled could be either a good or very bad idea. There was quite alot of lag in the arcade game, some of it intentional I guess so that the player could be given a short space of time to move.
But adding Kinect lag could make things even worse. :confused:

More here:

Dragon's Lair Comes to Xbox Live Arcade... with Kinect Controls from Side Mission Gaming News.

Looking forward to this one, should be a blast. Hopefuly it sells well & they bring out SPACE ACE. :)

The best versions yet aside of the arcade machine are on PSN and iPad. If the 360 version is the same as the PSN version, 360 gamers who are fans of DL are in for a treat.

Out tomorrow according to Major Nelson. Playable with pad or Kinect.

Downloaded last night but have not played. Has anyone played it with either Kinect or controller?

Ok just played it. It responds quickly with the controller though I was playing on easy. Brings back a lot of memories but as I don't have Kinect I don't think I can't justify the 800 MS points yet.
Cannot see any reviews for this?

Same as the PS3 version but with Kinect support.

Acade cabinet mode can be set in the options which sets the display to 4.3 along with scan lines, nice if you remember it that way in the arcade.

The easy mode is basically the way the arcade machine was set. On some of the scenes you can keep tapping the direction or sword button, assuming your pressing the right command, until you hear the correct time beep.

The hard mode simply means you have to be absolutly bang on with your timing.

So to play the game as it was in the arcade you need to have the game set to easy, arcade mode, move guide off & the 4.3 arcade cabinet mode active.

I played it with the arcade cabinet mode and it was very difficult. I remember the arcade cabinet high lighting the move on screen and not to the side offscreen? Anyway I was pleased with the response speed as this was bang on. Have no idea with the Kinect mode or the multiplayer modes. As I mentioned before no reviews anywhere????

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom