Dragons Den Returns (2010) BBC2 July 14

I applied for it, haven't heard anything.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Don't think I'll be watching this series. Sort of gone off it now.

It used to be good, with the Dragon's offering good advice and being quite sympathetic to the pitchers.

However in recent series they seemed to have just turned into nasty, meglomaniacs who love telling pitchers how silly they are, how much money they have earned and how clever they are.

krish

Distinguished Member
Don't think I'll be watching this series. Sort of gone off it now.

It used to be good, with the Dragon's offering good advice and being quite sympathetic to the pitchers.

However in recent series they seemed to have just turned into nasty, meglomaniacs who love telling pitchers how silly they are, how much money they have earned and how clever they are.
I think I went off it a series or two ago, now just watch it to shout at the telly.

It is all about the Dragons' egos now and not the semi-educational business show it once was (much like The Apprentice is now 100% car crash TV with Britain's best car crash dummies). Why respected economist Evan Davies continued with it I don't know, delivering the usual bleedin' obvious lines ... 'nerves have got the better of him', 'it's a confident pitch' ...

Can't help but think of Harry and Paul's sketch whenever I watch it now.

soundstory

I think I went off it a series or two ago, now just watch it to shout at the telly.

It is all about the Dragons' egos now and not the semi-educational business show it once was (much like The Apprentice is now 100% car crash TV with Britain's best car crash dummies). Why respected economist Evan Davies continued with it I don't know, delivering the usual bleedin' obvious lines ... 'nerves have got the better of him', 'it's a confident pitch' ...

Can't help but think of Harry and Paul's sketch whenever I watch it now.
Yes i agree, I'm even been missing Doug Richard & he was a :eek:

TonyA

"The Grumpy Woman" certainly lived up to her name last night!

PoochJD

Hi,

Really liked the first episode of the new series. The young lady at the end with the frozen dessert idea, seemed to be very sincere, and was pleased she got a deal. Also enjoyed the bit when the Dragon's were all pleading for another Dragin to interrupt them. :D Loved "Traffic Sign Guy", especially when Duncan gave him the award for "Worst Invention Ever" on Dragons' Den!

Yet, the best moment so far: Mr Paphitis breaking the shed lock door "Umm, sorry guys, I've some bad news for you!" :rotfl:

Pooch

Dextur

Distinguished Member
I swear Meaden ain't that bright.

It's about the 3rd time I've seen her be incapable of grasping
what seems to be rather simple concepts.

Thought it was pretty lack lustre , surprised Peter partnered up
on the ice cream thing, he doesn't need Duncan for ****, he has
all the supermarket connections, Duncan was small time in that
capacity.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Last night episode was fun, a bit of quarreling between the dragons over the sub business plan i think it was.

The old man with the rotating washing line, what a character, he thanked everyone and Dragon Dookan :D

Steven

Senior Moderator
Another episode where a dragon forgets a a basic calculation. Saying that the sub guys did not know their own business plan anyway

Not sure about the "Vintage" investment. Methinks that is more about indulging a personal dream and I question the ability to make real money but hey what do I know about the tastes of yesteryear today :)

TonyA

Last night episode was fun, a bit of quarreling between the dragons over the sub business plan i think it was.

The old man with the rotating washing line, what a character, he thanked everyone and Dragon Dookan :D
Yes indeed, he was a bit of a character, but didn't you think it all got a bit "X-Factor" when he started to talk about his dearly departed wife, whom he had invented the product for in the first place?

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Yes indeed, he was a bit of a character, but didn't you think it all got a bit "X-Factor" when he started to talk about his dearly departed wife, whom he had invented the product for in the first place?
not really, it did not cross my mind, a lot of times the dragons want to know the reason behind an invention or business plan, sometimes it stems from an emotional place.

badkarma

Anyone still wathcing this series ?

Been loving it myself :smashin:

The girl who came in with the cot and sang a song was just priceless :laugh:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
The girl who came in with the cot and sang a song was just priceless :laugh:
yes :D

Been watching it and still am. The inventor who made the multi tools in last nights was great but the company spread around the world made things difficult at first, until Peter stepped in.

badkarma

yes :D

Been watching it and still am. The inventor who made the multi tools in last nights was great but the company spread around the world made things difficult at first, until Peter stepped in.
Yes the dragons hate it when there are other parties involved who aren't standing in front of them.

Fair play though they got a deal sorted out. The boy could hardly contain himself when they said they would make him a multi-millionaire :)

Those tools will sell world-wide no problem.

Lee

The boy could hardly contain himself when they said they would make him a multi-millionaire :)

Those tools will sell world-wide no problem.
I think that was the best moment I've seen in the den.

I've a feeling Peter wanted into that company badly and would have gone even lower with the percentage.

badkarma

I think that was the best moment I've seen in the den.

I've a feeling Peter wanted into that company badly and would have gone even lower with the percentage.
Yep, he really liked the potential of the guy as well, I like it when they can spot the talent a mile away and tell them they're interested in them and not their business.

It seldom happens though :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett