1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragonfly

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by JSW, Jul 20, 2002.

1. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Any one seen this???

Overview:
    In the vein of "Unbreakable" and "The Others," this edge-of-your-seat thriller is full of surprises which will keep you guessing and a knock-out ending that will take your breath away!
    Unquote

I liked Unbreakable but though The Others a let down, so is it worth getting Dragonfly ???

Cheers
    Bry

2. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent seen it but I heard Kevin Costner was in it so I assumed it would be rubbish.

Having said that my wife likes this sort of film so I might end up buying it.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kevin Costner is indeed in it, and that put me off too.

It's apparently nothing like The Others and Unbreakable and the critics made that pretty clear in the US reviews.

If you head on over to Amazon.com and do a search for the DVD, you can read a more detailed synopsis and user reviews. Most people there seemed to disagree with the critics and enjoyed the movie, but that's not good enough for me - it'd take a LOT of recommendations from trusted sources (i.e. friends) for me to even contemplate sitting down to watch a Kevin Costner movie!

4. Bonzer Belle

Bonzer Belle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It really is an awful film. Tries to be a sort of 6th Sense. Basically, KC believes his dead wife is trying to communicate with him via kids and family pets. Least said, soonest binned. It is not worth the purchase price. Rent it if you must, then forget it. Costner's career is well and truly over.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hadn't realised it had ever started ;)

I think I kind of didn't mind the first half of Waterworld. I snored through the second half so couldn't tell you my opinion on that. :p I know lots of people like that Prince of Thieves film, but it bored me rigid, along with his other films.

6. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Squirrel

Dont forget Costner went through a bit of a purple patch with stuff like Dances with Wolves, Field of Dreams, JFK, A Perfect World and The Untouchables. All in a quite short space of time.

I regard all of them as class films, its since then its all gone pear shaped

7. wurzel

wurzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I liked waterworld and Tin Cup

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know but I didn't like any of them, with the exception of The Untouchables which was okay!

9. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this movie is worth renting, its not a bad film but it does have some moments which dont feel right if you get what I mean. I think the ending was pretty good though and if you like warm fuzzy films then its worth renting. I must admit when I watched this film I was expecting a terrible movie because I class Kevin Costner on the same level as Nicholas Cage who I cannot stand in films!. I was pleasantly surprised to see Kevin acting and not standing out as 'Kevin Costner' like some actors/actresses do in films. All in all it does have a few cheesy moments and does borrow ideas from films like the 6th sense but overall its not a bad film. Its not a ground breaking film whatsoever but if you want to watch a film with a warm fuzzy ending then rent it, your missus will like it too :)

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now Nicolas Cage I like! :)

11. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What!!!!

That's fighting Talk.;) :D

Everybody’s is entitled to their own opinion. Cage I love him as an actor but I wouldn't want to get in his pant's.:D

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We can tell from your avatar Kev, which incidentally looks like David Seaman from a distance ;) I'm a big Cage fan (as you can see from my DVDs :p) Face/Off is one of my favourite movies - Cage played Travolta brilliantly (and vice versa) :D

13. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I realised that, but it really is true. Everytime I see Nicholas Cage in a movie I just instantly think of him as himself and not the character for some reason. Im sure hes done good films and for me to watch 'the rock' and be very unimpressed probably says a lot about how much I rate him. Its the same with Kevin Costner and Mel Gibson, I will just say that Kevin did himself proud in dragonfly and I was just surprised thats all :)

14. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree here. They have never appealed to me as actors, no matter what I try to watch it's always uninspiring if they're in it (yes, that includes Braveheart :eek:).