Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 (Amazon UK Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Yeah I’ve since found more reviews saying it still has heavy DNR, but they’ve added fake grain after the fact (which won’t restore the scrubbed detail) so it’s not as obvious that it’s had DNR applied.
I wouldn’t rule out these new releases @hippo99. That video you linked to were conclusions he made after they released a sample of the set before release. I’ve watched a few more since and they say that it’s actually pretty good, one fella said it’s even better than the Dragon Box releases.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I wouldn’t rule out these new releases @hippo99. That video you linked to were conclusions he made after they released a sample of the set before release. I’ve watched a few more since and they say that it’s actually pretty good, one fella said it’s even better than the Dragon Box releases.
I think I saw that one. The one where the guy is comparing it to a heavily compressed reencode of Dragon boxes that he downloaded (ie not comparing it to the actual Dragon box discs)?
Read the YouTube comments below & you’ll see the guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It’s only where people have fallen for the fake grain, that they think it’s ok.

Last edited:

ssbib

Distinguished Member
I think I saw that one. The one where the guy is comparing it to a heavily compressed reencode of Dragon boxes that he downloaded (ie not comparing it to the actual Dragon box discs)?
Read the YouTube comments below & you’ll see the guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It’s only where people have fallen for the fake grain, that they think it’s ok.
I can’t remember if he said he downloaded it. It’s this one anyway:

i didn’t read the comments to be honest. Might do that now.

hippo99

Distinguished Member

Yeah, that’s the one. It becomes clear he doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Yeah, that’s the one. It becomes clear he doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.
Yeah, I’ve just read the comments like you suggested. What I’m learning here is the only worthwhile DBZ Boxset worth buying we’re the level sets, which they never finished, haha. Probably realised they couldn’t milk it anymore if they finished that set.

SFkilla

Distinguished Member
The guy has no clue!

Yeah, I’ve just read the comments like you suggested. What I’m learning here is the only worthwhile DBZ Boxset worth buying we’re the level sets, which they never finished, haha. Probably realised they couldn’t milk it anymore if they finished that set.
Yep, the Level set stopped after 2 sets (1.2 if i remember)
I think the main reasons that failed the Level sets (appart from not even continuing) is that they tried to release these at the same time as 3 other DBZ waves and the pricing was 4x higher then the Orange Boxes too... no wonder they didn't sell enough and it was probably too expensive to continue...

What a mess to be honest!

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Now up for pre-order... although after all the discussion :laugh:
Yeah I think I’ll leave it. Steels would’ve been nice but I’ll stick with my regular Blu Ray version I think.

Edit: especially at that price, jeez!!

Steven

Senior Moderator
Even if these discs were the best 4:3 remasters ever, that price would still be like a bad joke.
100%. I hope they’re super premium for that price.
The 'limited edition' 30th anniversary box clearly has not been selling and remains available for ordering from the UK site. It is in fact abysmal they cannot even sell out the headline 750 units

People have reported the packaging on the 30th anniversary risked scratched discs so hopefully that does not happen in repackaging the product into these steels

I think there is time for Funi to release this master in plastic cases in another year or two. Then we look forward towards the 40th anniversary 😊

Edit: just seen regular plastic case releases are coming out for £28.99 pre order, which is around 2x more expensive than it ought to be!! Spine creates an image of Shenron

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom