Dragging system into 21st century - help required!

musketman

Standard Member
Update: I've taken the plunge, ordering an old Chromecast (to see how I get on with streaming) and pair of Concept 20s. Many thanks to everyone for their helpful advice.

FootHealer

Update: I've taken the plunge, ordering an old Chromecast (to see how I get on with streaming) and pair of Concept 20s. Many thanks to everyone for their helpful advice.
Sounds like a good choice. Both items are well regarded. I hope you enjoy them :)

musketman

Standard Member
Well there's good news and bad news. The Concept 20s have arrived and sound superb: clear, taut, smooth, with great performer presence. I'm still running them of course, but at this point I'm quite sure they're keepers.

The bad news: the CCA also arrived but I'm having a devil of job playing Apple Music through it via Airplay. It's driving me nuts, tbh. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious? Sometimes it seems to drop the Wifi, and even when it's properly connected I get asked for an 'Airplay code' (no idea what that is). So as of right now have not succeeded in casting anything from Apple Music.

Luckily I have also sourced a s/h Yamaha WXAD-10 but won't get it for another three weeks so I suppose I have to be patient a while yet. Two steps forward, one step back.

FootHealer

Well there's good news and bad news. The Concept 20s have arrived and sound superb: clear, taut, smooth, with great performer presence. I'm still running them of course, but at this point I'm quite sure they're keepers.

The bad news: the CCA also arrived but I'm having a devil of job playing Apple Music through it via Airplay. It's driving me nuts, tbh. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious? Sometimes it seems to drop the Wifi, and even when it's properly connected I get asked for an 'Airplay code' (no idea what that is). So as of right now have not succeeded in casting anything from Apple Music.

Luckily I have also sourced a s/h Yamaha WXAD-10 but won't get it for another three weeks so I suppose I have to be patient a while yet. Two steps forward, one step back.
Another happy Concept 20 owner! Nice :) I am glad you like them. They are fantastic for the price.

I have no idea what's up with your Chromecast...hopefully someone here will reply soon with some advice...

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom