Dr. No - Bond 50 Box Set Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
And the James Bond bonanza goes on …

It is only fair and fitting on his 50th anniversary of cinematic world-saving that we take a loving look back upon 007’s bold debut back in 1962. While the world and his dog is currently going spy-crazy for Skyfall – and quite rightly so – it is actually something pretty special to go back and see how it really all started for MI6’s globe-trotting, bed-hopping, mission-accomplishing super secret agent.

Not a reboot this time … it’s the real deal. It’s Connery. It’s Ursula Andress in that bikini. It’s one of the most insanely catchy theme-tunes ever conceived. It’s three blind mince, a fire-breathing dragon … and that bloody tarantula.

It’s Dr. No, everybody!

“Underneath dee mango tree, mee honey and me …”...

Read the full review...

Chris McEneany

Just thought I'd post this article about Peter Hunt's editing methods. The tiny frame skips you mention were deliberate:-

Cutting to the Chase - A Technical Look At Peter Hunt's Editing Style

Interesting stuff and pretty well known.

But they're not the frame skips I was referring to, sadly. These are definite little hops in the film that do not seem intentionally placed. They are slight and there's only a precious few of them and, in truth, I probably made them sound worse than they actually are.

I don't have the time right now to go back into the disc to have a look. But I will and report back.

Cheers though.

Chris McEneany :devil:

yes, watched this on sunday and i did notice these 'skips' which i assumed were edit points that happened mid scene/take. i.e. two takes of the same shot, halved and edited together to make one whole. it that makes sense?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom