1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DR-M10 connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AdNoctum, Mar 30, 2005.

1. AdNoctum

AdNoctum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! Now I realise that this is not the ideal set up, but here goes. My stepfather has a JVC dr-m10 that is connected to a pretty old sharp 4:3 tv that has one scart socket. It is connected to a high gain roof arial using normal co-ax. The dr-m10 is then connected to the tv using a scart from the L1 Socket. However I cannot seem to get the dr-m10 to pick up any analogue channels, (even when I remove the scart and replace it with an rf cable), When I try to auto set up it responds with no signal found, when I try manual set up I get nothing. At best all I can get is a picture of sorts on the L1 channel that flashes and rolls as if the vertical has gone. Does this machine need to be connected to a sky / freeview digibox or should I be able to get a picture using the old analogue. As for the flashing, does this sound like the bug I have been reading about in these forums?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i have my drm10 connected to roof aerial then normal scart on the right hand side scart plug as you look down on the unit connected to the telly.

it doesn't need to be connected to a freeview/sky box

3. AdNoctum

AdNoctum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, the right hand side scart? Is this the right hand side as you look at the tv or from the :)

4. AdNoctum

AdNoctum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I meant to say from the back. :rolleyes:

5. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Input L1 means SCART 1. The flashing and rolling you are seeing sounds like feedback - in laymans terms a black screen is being sent out by the DVD through the SCART into the TV. The TV is outputting whatever is displayed in its screen via the SCART. The DVD has been set up to output whatever is coming into it on L1, so it outputs the signal it receives from the TV, ad infinitum.

Without making too obvious a point, are you connecting the aerial downlead to the RF in of the DVD recorder, then another RF cable from the RF out to the TV aerial in? This should give you a picture.

Another point is that my DR-M10 does not seem to work with SMARTLINK. If your TV is SMARTLINK compatible it may be worth trying to turn that off.

As for the flashing bug, this refers to green flashes across the screen soon followed by the recorder freezing and displaying LOADING. If the recorder doesn't freeze, this isn't your problem.