1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr. Kramer's Diagnosis......

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theritz, Jan 9, 2003.

1. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Kramer ain't in da house tonight............... he was in mine instead !!!

Despite his many posts affirming his new love for his HS10, the wistful look in his eyes (Ithink I even saw a tear or two trickle down his boyish cheek) when he saw my AE100 said it all. "Awww.... there it is", he said, produced Fifth Element Superbit from his jacket and settled down with a cold one.

I am convinced that he is now going to rid himself of the new Dimplex lookalike and return to the fold of AE100 owners, from whence he came. (Huh !!)

The benefit of his presence for me was great - no awful news from The Great One, he of the Supercooled Rocket Launcher PC and The Greatest Projector in the Galaxy !!!

I was blown away by the difference that Superbit makes to 5th Element - I had not seen Superbit before and am now convinced that all DVDs should be made this way. Colour quality, detail retrieval, sharpness everything was seriously brill - even noticeable reduction in screendoor - Sdoor doesn't bother me but the difference was amazing.

It's a pity that the choice is so limited (and that some of the subjects don't appeal to me - personal taste.) Avia was present but didn't get a look in - we were swapping views between regular 5th Element on DVD -Svideo - ProV, and the Sbit version on laptop. Clear now that I've got a cabling issue with Svideo, or that my ProV is not a happy bunny - serious vertical banding which is not present through laptop. Further investigation needed - new Svideo lead and cable management for a start !!

Kramer,

You've got PM.

Sean G.

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    nice one mate.:)
    I was very chuffed the first time I saw a superbit disc and have picked them all up. Resident Evil may hnot be the best movie ever but the SB version has the most amazing image..;)

3. gul

gul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK guys, is there an online list of these enhanced DVDs ?

regards
    Gul

HS10 and 106" Grandview screen owner

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
  5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Gul,

go to Play.com and search for "superbit" under R1 or R2 DVDS - 5th Element, Airforce one, Tommy are only out on R1 afaik.

Sean G.

Edit: Bums ! Didn't spot Museumsteves post - sorry for any repetition.

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Dr. Kramer, Dr. Kramer, come back !!!

I got this cute new filter and I need to be avia'ed. This time I promise to give you more and better beer, not to give you the bum's rush after a couple of hours, and not to frisk you at the door to make sure you haven't robbed anything ! :blush:

( have you copped yet that I swopped my regular 5th Element disc for your Superbit one ??? Silly boy ! :D :D

See ya,

Sean G.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously haven't copped that I swapped your missus for mine!

:eek:

Always thought that "Dublin women" were the "Superbit" of the females - now I have one I can confirm.......................................

...................the HS10 is a better PJ :p

Catch ya later!

8. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Kramer,

When P sees the "superbit" bit, you'll be either a hero :blush: or a villain :mad: !!!

Glad to see you back in the land of the living. Talking of missuses (or should that be missa, Latin derivation, perhaps ?), any chance your one went back to her roots and ran off with some fine strapping lad with a cool tractor ??? :D :D

Talk later (as if it isn't bloody late enough already, just sat through AI - poor transfer, wizard of oz like fable, pretty good spec effects, not sure I'd watch it again, but I prob will.)

See ya,

Sean.

9. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...........err, that would be ME :D

Funnily enough, I liked AI (apart from the last bit - should have ended it sooner like Kubrick intended).

It's not actually a bad transfer, this is/was the way Spielberg envisaged the film. Kind of "dreamy". Agreed, very grainy, but with the benefit of hind sight, I think you'll agree, the film wouldn't be the same in Fifth Element/Superbit clarity.

Will chat soon.

It's good to be back!

ps. WE hate Dublin!