Dr. Death (Peacock)

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dr. Death explores the twisted mind of a sociopath and the failures of the system designed to protect the most defenseless among us. It tells the terrifying true story of Dr. Christopher Duntsch (Dornan), a rising star in the Dallas medical community. Young, charismatic and ostensibly brilliant, Dr. Duntsch was building a flourishing neurosurgery practice when everything suddenly changed. Patients entered his operating room for complex but routine spinal surgeries and left permanently maimed or dead. As victims piled up, two fellow physicians, neurosurgeon Robert Henderson (Baldwin) and vascular surgeon Randall Kirby (Slater), set out to stop him.

Cast

Jamie Dornan as Dr. Christopher Duntsch

Alec Baldwin plays Robert Henderson, a quiet, deliberative and methodical neurosurgeon who believes wholeheartedly both in the system in which he rose through the ranks and that anything worth doing shouldn’t be rushed. It should be gotten right.

Christian Slater is vascular surgeon Randall Kirby, who, on the other hand, is brash, impulsive and more than willing to burn that system to the ground in the name of justice. There’s a time and a place for deliberation and there’s a time and a place to just get things done

AnnaSophia Robb will play Michelle Shughart, a bright, young Assistant District Attorney in Dallas who teams up with Robert Henderson (Baldwin) and Randall Kirby (Slater) to take down “Dr. Death.”

Chris Sullivan will portray Jerry Summers, Duntsch’s (Jamie Dornan) life-long friend and number one fan whose blind devotion lands him under Duntsch’s knife

Grace Gummer will play Kim Morgan, a highly capable, hard-charging registered nurse who is drawn into Duntsch’s (Dornan) web — both professionally and personally — by his apparent talent and ambition.

Molly Griggs is set as Wendy Young, Duntsch’s girlfriend, the mother of his children and the last remaining moral beacon for the man who would become “Dr. Death.”

Last edited:
Cheers @mafaa, always on the ball with news and updates. Appreciated.

Great cast in this and an intriguing plot. Anything about psychopathy and sociopathy and I'm there! And medicine seems to attract them as well.

Edit - Unsure about the title though. A little bit on the nose, plus offensive to any doctors named Dr De'Ath (for real there was one in Glasgow at one point). Worst case of nominative determinism ever

He'd probably accuse you of racism.

Jackson replaces Jamie Dornan, who was cast in the role in August 2019. Due to Dr. Death‘s production start delay relating to the coronavirus pandemic, Dornan’s schedule no longer allows him to do the series, leading to his departure. For the same reason, Stephen Frears recently exited as director of the first two episodes. He was replaced by Maggie Kiley, who leads an all-female directing team on the show.

Point-Du Jour will play the OR nurse at Dallas Medical Center who first brings Duntsch’s disastrous surgical misadventures to the attention of Henderson and Kirby.

Plunkett portrays a patient whose botched surgery became the foundation of the criminal case against Duntsch

Is anyone watching this?….I’m certainly enjoying it (not sure if that’s the correct term for this type of story :eek:) Only seen 4 episode at the moment….

Yeah I'm also enjoying it so far and I've also watched 4 episodes.
I was a little unsure after the 1st but it keeps getting better. Particularly enjoyed the scene at the beginning of episode 4.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom