1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPLII drop outs on rears

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by russ01kelly, Jan 10, 2002.

1. russ01kelly

russ01kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone else has the same problem with DPLII.
    When in DPLII mode (and only when in this mode) I occasionaly get drop outs in the rear speakers sounding as though there is a loose connection on the speakers. It is most noticible if there is a constant sound which then seems to break up. Does this sound like DPLII not being perfect or does it sound more like a problem with the amp. All wires checked and as I said it only happens in this mode.

I also notice that DPLII does seem rather quiet from the rears and generally lacks bass that may well be normal but I havn't heard any other DPLII systems to compare with.

However I am more interested in the first point so that I can take it up with the supplier.

My setup is this
    Onkyo 595 amp
    KEF "eggs"
    Philips 28PW6515
    Tosh 210e DVD
    Pace 4000 NTL Box

thanks

2. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you talking about listening to movies or music?

I have found that listening to music over digital connect, input level sometimes peaks and sound kicks off. I switch to analogue and this is ok.

I believe you can use the ATT (Attenuate) button my amp (Marantz 4200) not sure about the Onk.

Cheers

Laurel

3. russ01kelly

russ01kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only seem to notice it in movie mode which I use for wathching TV
    Do most people leave there PLII amps in PLII movie for all TV or just films?

4. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always use DPLII for TV and Tunner...

With TV, you only get surround sound when it is stereo signal, depending on the transmission, sometimes it becomes mono, and then you have "dropouts"...

Shouldn´t be any problem with your system... I think... :rolleyes:

5. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't say as I've noticed this with my setup.

As Lowrider says, only time anything like this has happended is with signal dropout on terrestrial occasionally (during electrical storms for example).

I tend to watch all TV in DPL II movie mode.

Cheers

Laurel

6. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got DP II engaged for TV, Sky and VCR and I havent noticed any dropouts, if anything on some TV (Casualty in particular (other half loves hospital drama :( )) it is a great improvement.

I am still fighting the feeling that my centre speaker doesnt sound right and its really bugging. Lack of cash is stopping an upgrade

My gadgets
    Mission 75 series Speakers
    M&K Sub
    Denon AVC-A11SR
    Sony 36FS70 TV
    Sony 735 DVD
    Panasonic Sky box
    Panasonic VCR.
    Linn Mimik CD

Rog