1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPLII and the GameCube...

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Dazed, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hook up my GC to my TV using the official Scart socket. What is the best way of hooking up the GC to an av amplifier in this instance - there are three ways I can think of -

1/ Using the other leads (composite?) and hooking directly to the amp forgetting about the video (yellow) lead. This seems like the best way but does the GC output to these leads if it has the SCART lead plugged in?

2/ Using a breakout box which breaks the audio signal from the SCART and then plugging phono leads from breakout box into amp.

3/ Connecting the AV amp to the TV audio out.

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Use the third option, if you use decent phono cables you shouldn't lose any sound quality.
    I did the same until i got a Component cable, which uses the digital AV port for video, so enabling me to use the analogue AV port to take the GC audio straight to my amp.

I have tried both options with my Toshiba 36ZP18 tv,a Yammy RX-V730RDS amp and Mirage speakers, and to my ears either using the fixed audio outputs on the tv or using the analogue AV out on the GC straight to my receiver gives the same results:smoke:

3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I use a scart switchbox, so all consoles require only 1 input on the amp.