DPD and Scan Computers, Cheeper Tech

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JamesBudge, Feb 5, 2014.

1. JamesBudge

JamesBudge
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read a lot about DPD delivery both good things and complaints, but after ordering yet more parts from Scan Computers I was surprised when checking my delivery tracking to see the cost involved and environmental impact due to the ridiculous delivery process by DPD.

I live only 2 miles from Scan computers and as I would rather spend time with my family than stand in Scan for an hour on a Saturday morning I paid for delivery, below is my tracking from Bolton to only 2 Miles from Bolton.

05 Feb 2014 00:42PrestonYour parcel is with your nearest delivery depot in Preston

04 Feb 2014 20:51Hub 3 - BirminghamWe have your parcel, and it's on its way to your nearest depot in Preston

04 Feb 2014 20:48ManchesterYour parcel is on its way

04 Feb 2014 10:57ManchesterWe have your parcel and it's on its way to you

Surely the price of our Tech would go down if companies were not spending so much time and money sending parcels back and forth so they can charge more and claim their fuel, and Companies would be able to offer better rates or free postage.

Not that Scan should already be able to offer free postage on every item, as so many other big companies who just pay an annual delivery payment to their chosen delivery firm.

2. Trollslayer

Trollslayer
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,904
    An example of things getting dumbed down by automation?