1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DP Surround mode question...

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Polecatpete, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all, I've finally got my DP back from repair! :clap: Wow, what a toy!

Just have one question regarding selecting different processing modes. Listening to an analogue source (tuner) and say for example in direct mode, if you cycle through to direct+sub, it works fine as you would expect. If you then cycle on to TMS 5 you get no output at all. Cycle on to TMS 7 and all is fine etc etc until you get back to TMS 5 and that then starts to work but cycling on to TMS 7 leaves you with no output. So, in short!, everytime you do a complete cycle of processing modes, the following processing mode has no output.. Am I making sense?

Do you think this is a software bug or maybe hardware again? Can anyone try to recreate the problem? It doesn't bother me but if it is hardware I would like to send it away while I still have the loan unit! :)

Many thanks!
    Rob.

2. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Could be bug that does not affect all models, I remember having simmilar with Direct and Direct+Sub.

3. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I would be astounded if that wasn't checked during the repair test.... It is running the latest software isn't it? Sounds like if a full reset doesn't cure it, it's back to the factory....

4. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :( Thanks guys, Yep it is running the latest software Graham. I'll give the reset a go... It wouldn't surprise me if the unit wasn't fully checked out...

I take it that this isn't a standard feature of the DP? :laugh:

5. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I'm curious, are you running a 7.1 setup? I didn't think you could select TMS5 in that case?

6. Mr Yakimoto

Mr Yakimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Not too sure that 7.1 makes any difference. :confused: I have a 7.1 Unit but only have 5.1 Speakers (at present). I cant remember though whether I have set my speakers up as 5.1 or 7.1 within the menu.

I do, however, manage to get a sound from both TMS5 and TMS7.

Dont know if this helps or not?????

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hang on a minute......
    You can't select TMS7 if you only have 5.1 speakers connected and the setup menu configured correctly. I'd suggest you do that now and see if your "problem" goes away........

8. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Morning, It's all configured correctly for a 7.1 setup... The problem isn't just with TMS 5/7, the processing modes proceeding the above all loose output one by one with every complete cycle - More like a software bug I thought originally but it seems to work perfectly once it's been on for a few hours. Strangely though, it doesn't seem to affect any digital sources, just analogue...

I know the problem before was a dry joint on the dual sharc card so I'm just wondering if maybe it is a similar thing...

9. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Can you actually get TMS5 with the thing configured and connected to 7.1 speakers?
    Steve????

10. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Actually, I have a dim recolection of something like this happening if the wrong software got put into the unit so it thinks its 5.1 unit..... can you reload the firmware V4.31?

11. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Graham and everyone for your help. After speaking to the dealer and TAG it seems that there is yet another fault with my unit. I am tempted to live with it providing they can assure me it will be repaired for free outside the warranty should the need arise. If they can't then I'll be boxing her up for another 4 week round trip!

Thanks again everyone. :smashin:

12. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just had a call today telling me that IAG are replacing my DP :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's being built at present so should be with me soon. That is fantastic news. A huge :thumbsup: to the dealer and Barry for sorting this one!

13. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    IAG seem to be on the ball.... We all know Barry had the right attitude, lets hope he is allowed to exercise it...(often).