1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DP Problems....

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Polecatpete, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

Just had my AV32 upgraded to DP :D - Only took 4 weeks to do so was happy to not have to wait too long! Big :thumbsup: to Phil and Co for the turn around. Unfortunately, 1 week later and I have had the dreaded "Turn off for 60 sec" message pop up :(

I'm guessing that I will have to box her up for a return trip but before I do that, just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any suggestions? :lease:

Cheers
    Rob.

2. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just tried to reprogram the software in case it might fix it but it got as far as restarting the unit and stopped. I guess it's pretty much :censored:

Going to try and take back tomorrow morning but I doubt I'll see it again before February now with christmas etc. Oh well.... :(

3. nsfehler

nsfehler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is only a suggestion - but have you tried a hard reset?
    This may help you...

Good luck
    Nigel

4. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Rob, I don't know what is wrong with your AV32R DP (how could I?), but I like to say that the "turn off for 60secs" message will always appear if you power down the AV32R DP via the front panel on/off switch AND then power it up again without waiting about 30- 60 secs. That way, the internal voltages have not completely dropped and hence the DSPs can't start again. So they tell you to be more patient.

5. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Nigel/Udo,

It was fairly terminal I think, tried everything I could think of but was not having it. I dropped off to the dealer Monday morning, as when I picked up the unit last week, the power switch wasn't working properly (kept getting stuck in) - Barry thought that maybe it could be that causing the problems so the dealer whipped the lid off :eek: but no joy. I believe Barry (or someone from IAG) is taking a trip over to the shop tomorrow to have a look at it so hopefully will be sorted by the weekend :lease:

All credit to IAG though and the dealer so far. Although it's a bit frustrating to have it go wrong, They are bending over backwards to fix it for me. Big :thumbsup: I think to everyone.

6. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well, Barry luckily managed to fix it on Friday (with a tube of glue :eek: so I was told) - Enjoyed a whole afternoon of entertainment until Error code 63 popped up. Now it only works for around 30secs before Error code 85 shows it's head :(

Does anyone know what these mean? Not that I could fix it! but if it's something simple like a reset or software problem it would save me wasting IAG's time tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.
    Rob.

7. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My god this is one confussed processor (and owner!) - Have now had error 102! Think I should start a new thread, "Who's had the most errors?" :D

8. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I think there's something seriously wrong. That can at times happen with an upgraded single processor unit to dual processor, especially if the AV32R SP is of a bit older date. I had a unit like that in the old days, when the DP upgrade was in its infancy.

Finally, TAG switched out the whole unit and it's been ticking along since then.