1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downward or forward firing on wooden floor

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ELV, Sep 4, 2003.

1. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thinking of getting a new sub along the lines of Mj Pro 50 or Ref 100 but i'm concerned that as iv'e got a wooden floor with a 3 ft gap underneath that this increases the BOOM, iv'e got a downward firing Jamo at present but it's very boomy and wooly which is propally more down to the sub itself.Does anybody know if a forward firing sub will lessen the boom compared to a downward firing sub.Iv'e got a homemade isolation platform at present but it does'nt seem to help,any comments would be appreciated and i want to spend aroun 350 quid.

Ta:(

2. mooky

mooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the isolation platform ?

I'm interested because i'm in the process of looking in to this for my sub and laminate floor.

Mark.

3. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It's a 2" thick slab cut to the size of the sub sprayed black which stand on small rubber feet from b&q. The subs on spikes.It looks good but does'nt seem to help the boom.The sub was bought on a whim though, and probally is more of the cause than the floor itself.Theres plent of threads if you search on this forum , good luck