Downton Abbey - The Movie Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review cas. It’s on the list!

Thanks Cas..:smashin:
I will watch it on my Apple TV as it's in 4K Dolby Vision & Atmos😁

Just got this from Amazon, anyone get a copy with slip case ?

Bought the blu-ray from Tescos today and watched it this evening with the missus.

It's good; basically a tidy-up to finalise the series. Enjoyed the good acting and dialogue.

One of those ‘watch once’ films. I’ll wait for it to surface on a streaming service or linear TV.p, as much as I want to see it. Wasn’t there talk of another film at some point? I’m sure that I read something along those lines recently.

Clem

I'm guessing skipping 4K disc releases is going to become more and more the norm as streaming takes over. The price of 4K Blu-rays just isn't sustainable when you can get the iTunes or Amazon 4K version for less than the 1080p Blu-ray.

In this case, I assume the studio just didn't think there would be a market for a £25 4K Downton Abbey Blu-ray.

The cost of 4K discs isn’t sustainable in general, because of greed. I don’t mind paying a premium for something, but in many cases that I’ve seen, the 4K disc is nearly double the price and it’s just a non-starter. The 4K discs that I have look excellent, but then my player does an excellent job playing back non-4K discs too. I’ll only buy a 4K disc if it’s something that I really must have. I do foresee a time when streaming kills off the market for media, but how far off that is I have no idea.

Clem

Awful sentimental tosh. But it will be popular!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom