Downsizing

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by strongdeo, Jul 3, 2015.

1. strongdeo

strongdeo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi - I haven't posted for a while. I need to raise some cash because of a variety of reasons and downsizing the home etc.

Does anybody think I should generate funds by replacing the Meridian kit or the Brystons? I admit I love the sound but don't need the power really.

I suppose I could quickly get rid of two of the M&K speakers and go from 7.1 to 5.1 and lose the 3 channel power amp?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

2. sjackson

sjackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +539
    You could sell off all the power amps and get something like the Nak AVP1 7 channel power amp. It's £400 until the end of this month before going back up to £720. If you're only doing 5.1 you could probably sell off the processor also and either go integrated or pick up the matching Nak AV1 processor for £240 (see threads for both the Nakamichi's).

You could also flog all the MK's and get cheaper speakers

3. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    I suspect the question you need to put to yourself is how much money do I need to raise and how much am I willing to accept in quality loss.

You could obviously sell the lot and just get a soundbar and raise a lot of money or you could sell 1 item and take minimal quality drop but little cash.