Downloads to Sky+ Box

Rob at Loanhead

Standard Member
I've been using a sky+ box for some time to watch and record tv programs. I decided to connect the box to my WiFi and tried to download programs on BBC/ITV catchup, but I get a message saying the card in the box is not authorised! Do I need a SKY subscription to do this, or is it only a case of getting another card? I would appreciate any comments.
Cheers,
Rob

On demand programmes csn only br downloaded with a valid Sky subscription as all download content is recorded to the HDD - this requirement is down to the way Sky described the box as a receiver if it has no sub and thus reducing the EU duty which penalised PVRs as compared to receivers. Thus although the content is subscription free downloading it on a Sky box via the HDD is not.

Rob at Loanhead

Standard Member
I managed to borrow a YouView box to try out, but found it to be slow and cumbersome, so decided to bite the bullet and took out the minimum Sky subscription package. Thanks for all your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom