1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading Still Images from JVC GRD 250 DV Camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Joe M., Sep 6, 2005.

1. Joe M.

Joe M.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased a JVC Digital video Camera GRD 250.

It has the ability like all dv cameras to take a photo which it stores on the tape.

Q... It comes with no software. can anyone suggest how to get the still images down onto the computer.

It is attached via the firewire cable only and programs like Studio and Power director only capture the movie which it converts into mpg.

Any suggested re software that scans the tape for the pics only would be appreciated.

I am unable to find the software at JVC...

Can't believe such a simple thing can be so difficult.

Thanks in advance to all who answer. :)

2. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not 100% but I have 2 JVC video cameras and you need a USB lead to get the stills off the camera. Firewire is for the transfer of video only.

On mine you just plug it in and windows xp immediatley picks up the camera as an external drive, then you can move or copy the files.

You may need to switch the camera into DSM mode and put on Play mode.

3. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry just re-read your post and your recording it onto the tape, not onto the SD card in the camera. I therefore have no idea, other than using a video editing package. So my post is not really relevant.
    Sorry
    Lee

4. Joe M.

Joe M.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input Lee....

I have friends of mine who own a 3 year old Panasonic DV Camera and it has a firewire & usb connection...

He got DV software that actually scans the tape and selects the pics from it then downloads them to the comp.

I thought that there may be a generic program that does the same thing via the firewire connection. His software does not work with my JVC

Thanks anyway.