Downloading ringtones - help

Matt F

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is supposed to be easy but I've never done it before - a complete mobile phone novice I'm afraid.

Apparently I have to send an 'SMS Text' to a given number with given text and then they send me a link to download the tone. I have tried sending the required text message but nothing has come back.

So, a few questions:

1. Is an SMS text message different to a standard text message? If so, how do I send the former?

2. When you are sent a link by text, how on earth do you 'visit this by WAP or GPRS'?

My phone is a Nokia 3510i by the way.

Many thanks for any help.

Matt.

An "SMS Text" is a regular text message, they will text you back (at some point) with a link to a WAP site (the mobile equivalent of the internet). You will need to visit the address via your phone.

To check whether you're phone is set up correctly for WAP - select "Services" from your menu, and click "Home". If a page loads up, you're all set up, if not, post back here with your network provider and i'll see if I can talk you through the settings.

To visit the site when they send you the link, write it down on a piece of paper, then select "Go To Address" from under the Services Menu. Type the address in, and click "OK".

All the best,

K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom