1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading ringtones - help

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Matt F, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm sure this is supposed to be easy but I've never done it before - a complete mobile phone novice I'm afraid.

Apparently I have to send an 'SMS Text' to a given number with given text and then they send me a link to download the tone. I have tried sending the required text message but nothing has come back.

So, a few questions:

1. Is an SMS text message different to a standard text message? If so, how do I send the former?

2. When you are sent a link by text, how on earth do you 'visit this by WAP or GPRS'?

My phone is a Nokia 3510i by the way.

Many thanks for any help.

Matt.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    An "SMS Text" is a regular text message, they will text you back (at some point) with a link to a WAP site (the mobile equivalent of the internet). You will need to visit the address via your phone.

To check whether you're phone is set up correctly for WAP - select "Services" from your menu, and click "Home". If a page loads up, you're all set up, if not, post back here with your network provider and i'll see if I can talk you through the settings.

To visit the site when they send you the link, write it down on a piece of paper, then select "Go To Address" from under the Services Menu. Type the address in, and click "OK".

All the best,

K.

3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  4. Muzic man

Muzic man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Try this site as long as you've got a wap phone you only pay for the time it takes to download (about 30 seconds) You'll find full instructions on how to use it. If i can do it anyone can !!! :clap:
    http://www.free-ringtones-free-logos.com