Downloading PS3 content via PC

cjpaul

My PS3 is not online - still stuck in the world of dial-up :-(

Is is possible to get downloads (especially GTHD) via my work PC and bring them home on USB?

Realise I can do this for the PS3 updates but doesn't look like it's possible for other content.

Any advice appreciated!

Also, slightly off topic - I notice that some people are running with the 1.6 update. Isn't this only for US though - can't see any updates (other than 1.0!) on the EU site. Looked at the US site and that states it's for US spec PS3s only.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
The 1.6 update was forced on 23rd March i.e launch day. Maybe the EU site isn't updated?

Indiana Jones

As for the game demos, no you cannot download them through a PC, only through the PS3.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Also, slightly off topic - I notice that some people are running with the 1.6 update. Isn't this only for US though - can't see any updates (other than 1.0!) on the EU site. Looked at the US site and that states it's for US spec PS3s only.

My nephew had his PS3 in my house on Saturday and we connected to the web via my WiFi set-up - the PS3 immediately downloaded and installed the 1.6 update - hope that helps you.

Cheers,

Martin.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom