• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Downloading pics on 'guest' account

simon12

Established Member
Had an issue last night where we were trying to download some pics from a friend's camera that he had plugged into our imac after logging onto the 'guest' account - which we have never used before. The Mac just kept on waiting and waiting and for the first time ever I had to do a Force Quit to get it to stop.

When I logged on to my account it all worked perfectly.

The obvious question is ---- why?

Veni Vidi Vici

Prominent Member
Had an issue last night where we were trying to download some pics from a friend's camera that he had plugged into our imac after logging onto the 'guest' account - which we have never used before. The Mac just kept on waiting and waiting and for the first time ever I had to do a Force Quit to get it to stop.

When I logged on to my account it all worked perfectly.

The obvious question is ---- why?

Have parental controls been added that stops pics from being downloaded, or some other filter on the guest account?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom