• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

downloading in the background

kopchoir

Banned
Is there an option to say put the ps3 in standby and it still downloads.
Registered with ps plus and have loads to DL is there a way to do this like I can with the 360

ritzie

Yes I think its in settings and if you're a subscriber to PS plus then you can set a time for automatic updates and downloads. I set mine for the early hours of the morning, the PS3 turns itself on downloads what it needs and goes back to standby.

Heres some info from the playstation website:
Automatic Download: Subscribers will be able to set their PS3 to wake up from standby at any time of the day or night, download and install any game updates for the games you have been playing so you don’t have to think about it. Also, select demos and videos will be pushed to your PS3 ready to go. System software updates will also download automatically (manual install still required) and then the PS3 will turn itself off again.
Game updates and demos will also automatically install and the next time you turn on your PS3 you will see a brief on-screen message letting you know what has been downloaded and updated.

Lestat_11

If you have things all ready down loading and want to turn the ps3 off go all the way to the left on the xmb bar click on the icon you will get a shut down screen with a little tick box to complete all down loads first
When the downloads are complete the ps3 will then turn off

Nakatsu_Hime

The above option doesn't put the PS3 into standby. It just allows you to specify that it turns itself off when all the downloads/installations are completed.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom