Downloading games is really annoying!

Reaction score
what am i missing here? the vita goes to sleep after 30 mins (max allowed power saving option) and stops downloading games. Thought id get Borderlands 2 digitally so i could have it quick but bloody hell, trying to download 5.3gb in 30 min chunks is painful.
Is there an option to just keep the thing going? Surely I've missed something somewhere.
Also can you stop the screen dimming?

what am i missing here? the vita goes to sleep after 30 mins (max allowed power saving option) and stops downloading games. Thought id get Borderlands 2 digitally so i could have it quick but bloody hell, trying to download 5.3gb in 30 min chunks is painful.
Is there an option to just keep the thing going? Surely I've missed something somewhere.
Also can you stop the screen dimming?
There is an option to download during power save or whatever. My games always do when it's sleeping.

Have you gone into the settings recently? Think there is an option for the screen to turn off after a time you select. Iirc it dims when it gets close to that period of inactivity.

I'll have to look.

thanks, didn't see anything but ill check more thoroughly

Power save settings allow standby mode automatically after so and so minutes. Use wifi in power save mode should be what you have clicked to enable downloading a game when it's screen is off.

have that ticked and it always stops downloading when it goes into standby. Odd.

have that ticked and it always stops downloading when it goes into standby. Odd.
Yah that's not the first time you UK dudes have said that. Wonder if it's an issue with your guys veets.

Mine is the same. Bloody annoying !! I gave up and now download them all on the old ps3 then transfer them over.

Mine is the same. Bloody annoying !! I gave up and now download them all on the old ps3 then transfer them over.
Same here, thats what i did in the end. glad to hear its not just me then :)

I find this annoying too! If the Vita goes into standby the download pauses, whatever is selected in the powersave box. Wouldn't be so annoying if the download speed form the Playstation store wasn't so painfully slow!

I wonder if it has to do with your guys power saving laws and regs. You guys are a lot more strict about energy over there.

We also get the headphone-output-limit on hardware, because stupid people can't recognise playing music at 11 all day, every day, isn't good for you.

Can't say i noticed the download-power-off thing, maybe the new Veets dosent do this? or i had mine plugged into the mains, with the correct setting?

Mine used to pause but I think the last firmware update fixed it for me.

Mine was always fine, i found when i first got my vita that if i pressed button to switch of screen myself the download would stop, but ifleft it to dim on it's own the download would carry on. Took me day or two to notice that tho.
If having issues just remember to move the stick or touch screen after 25mins lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom