Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Downloading from OlympusC765 to PC

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by hansi, Dec 12, 2004.

1. hansi

hansi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I normally use a Card Reader and the XP Scanner and Camera Wizard to d/l my pics but have had difficulty get the Wizard to recognise my Card Reader because it USB 2 and I only have USB 1. Can I d/l direct from the camera as I see there's a USB connection on it, but I don't have a corresponding USB lead to fir it. It is a very small connector on the canera side and a normal USB on the other. Can anyone help please?

2. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,045
    Yes, you will be able to d/l from your cam to the PC. You just need a USB cable like this one: cable

You usually get one free with your cam - is it still in the box? If not, spend the £1 and get one from ebuyer... :thumbsup:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,656
    There was one that came with the camera
    I have a 765 and I use it to download the the computer using it. It is about a meter long.

4. hansi

hansi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I found that usb cable and tried that, but all that happened was that I got an error message that "The computer cannot detect the camera or scanner.Please make sure this device is switched on and properly connected to this computer" Well, I attached the lead as instructed in the manual, switched on the camera, and got the PC display, I said OK and it said "PLease wait" and then I got the error message/ What am I doing wrong?

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,656
    Switch the camera on preferably in the > mode (between Auto and P). On the back viewer it will ask you something like do you want to connect to the PC and just click the OK button. And the PC will then recognize it when you click on the software.

6. hansi

hansi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks but I did all that. I said ok when it said PC, I clicked on ok,it said Please wait a moment, the light flashed on the camera, but then nothing. It does show the camera on the disk drives as a removable drive but shouldn't it connect to the Camera and Scanner Wizard automatically so that it downloads direct to the My Pictures folder?

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,656
    When you click on the software, click on the camera to computer to download pictures to a file. If you have uploaded them back on the camera they will be invisible in this mode and you will have to choose Browse and then choose removable drive? To see them.

If the first case it will show all the pictures on your camera and you can select them all or choose/select the ones you want.

8. hansi

hansi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to sound a bit thick, but, Click on the software? when I connect the camera to the PC, I don't get anything on the screen.

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,656
    Have you Cameda Master software loaded?

10. hansi

hansi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, but my main problem is that my PC will not recognise that I have a scanner connected even though it is listed in my Devices. I just downloaded a new driver but it hasn't made any difference.

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,656
    :confused: Sorry I’m not picking up on something here but where does the scanner come in to this?

12. hansi

hansi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry. Basically my problem is my Camera and Scanner Wizard. Neither my camera or my scanner will open with this programme. When I used to use my card reader it used to open automatically with the S and C Wizard and would d'l my photos direct to My Pictures. Now, even though I have set the Autoplay on the drive to open with this program, it does not do so. This prompted me to download directly from the camera whuch again dos not d'l through th S and C Wizard. The Wizard is definitely on the system when I got to Accessories but I cannot get it to accept the drives as above. Yhe only think I can think of is that my previous card readeer was USB1 abd the new one is USB2 which I don't have. But ths would only mean a slower d'l, wouldn't it?