Downloading Crackdown demo too slow

Sab

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was trying to download a Crackdown demo via Xbox Live. I have Orange Broadband which is about 2 MB ( but upto 8MB is possible). The file was 1.25 GB to download. So I started to download and went to watch a movie. After one and a half hours only 20% complete download. What is wrong with my broadband ?

I connected to the Orange Liv Box via a 15m RJ45 cable. Do I need wireless Xbox Live ?

I don't think anything is wrong. IMO, Live marketplace is generally slow anyway. This morning it took me about 3 hours to download the VT3 and GRAW2 demos (add to about 1.7GB) and I've got a 2Mbps line aswell.

Also, orange broadband has a fair usage policy, which may slow down your download speeds, although tbh, I don't think its that.

And sometimes (in my experience anyway) the percentage indicator can be wrong (eg. - when I was downloading the GRAW2 demo this morning, it went from 20% to 35% in a couple of seconds, so obviously couldn't have been accurate.

Downloading form the marketplace can be very slow.

I download overnight and first thing in the morning and get good speeds - but trying between 4pm and midnight (and I'd make that midday to midnight on weekends and bank holidays ;)) is probably not going to get you decent download speeds.

I can't really say that i have ever had a problem on BT broadband, i downloaded Crackdown about a week and a half ago in the daytime and it was done inside 40mins.....:)

I can't really say that i have ever had a problem on BT broadband, i downloaded Crackdown about a week and a half ago in the daytime and it was done inside 40mins.....:)

Same here. My BT Broadband vertainly does a good job

I think im lucky if it takes 20 mins usually from the marketplace.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom