Downloading Crackdown demo too slow

Sab

I was trying to download a Crackdown demo via Xbox Live. I have Orange Broadband which is about 2 MB ( but upto 8MB is possible). The file was 1.25 GB to download. So I started to download and went to watch a movie. After one and a half hours only 20% complete download. What is wrong with my broadband ?

I connected to the Orange Liv Box via a 15m RJ45 cable. Do I need wireless Xbox Live ?

WelshBluebird

I don't think anything is wrong. IMO, Live marketplace is generally slow anyway. This morning it took me about 3 hours to download the VT3 and GRAW2 demos (add to about 1.7GB) and I've got a 2Mbps line aswell.

Also, orange broadband has a fair usage policy, which may slow down your download speeds, although tbh, I don't think its that.

And sometimes (in my experience anyway) the percentage indicator can be wrong (eg. - when I was downloading the GRAW2 demo this morning, it went from 20% to 35% in a couple of seconds, so obviously couldn't have been accurate.

BD Ashby

Downloading form the marketplace can be very slow.

Pookie Bear

I download overnight and first thing in the morning and get good speeds - but trying between 4pm and midnight (and I'd make that midday to midnight on weekends and bank holidays ;)) is probably not going to get you decent download speeds.

Fen Star

I can't really say that i have ever had a problem on BT broadband, i downloaded Crackdown about a week and a half ago in the daytime and it was done inside 40mins.....:)

D

Deleted member 92943

I can't really say that i have ever had a problem on BT broadband, i downloaded Crackdown about a week and a half ago in the daytime and it was done inside 40mins.....:)

Same here. My BT Broadband vertainly does a good job

DarkEntity

I think im lucky if it takes 20 mins usually from the marketplace.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom