Downloaded MPEG-4 videos but PSP not seeing them...

jbaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have downloaded some MPEG-4 music videos off Limewire and put them onto my memory stick but they are not showing up on the PSP. It says there are no videos, but it shows the memory left available has gone down. Am I missing something?
Thanks

The videos need to be named a stupid way, can't remember how though. Just download something like PSP video 9, and this will make sure the file is the right codec for the psp, the right name, and gets put in the correct folder.

Thanks for the info....unfortunately though I use Mac and not Windows so can't use suggested software. Did rename the files though as suggested and they then did appear on the PSP but not in a recognised format so still couldn't play them. Any more help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thnxs.

Might want to try PSP Ware for the Mac. I think that will do the job. It's free to download the trial version. You might also want to take a look at the PSP FAQ on Gamefaqs.com as I think it has a step byh step guide on this.

PSP has a proprietary video format. Standard MPEG-4 AVC/SP with AAC audio. Even if you have a video encoded to the exact spec, resolution, audio format as one made using PSP Video 9 and you name it as they say and put it in the right folder it probably won't play. You have to change something called ATOM flags so the PSP knows it's a video meant for it....and remember it can only play 29.97 fps not 25 fps PAL video.

I use Xilisoft PSP Video Converter, trial version is free but you can get the full version if you look around :) Had no issues so far with DVD or xvid conversions, play everytime.

Also, it may depend on your firmware. Lower than 2.0 firmware will not play the newer AVC (h.264) mp4 files.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom