Downloaded games won't install ! (Error Code: 80029564)

The 'don't download in the background' fix didn't work for me - it would fail too. But my theory may apply to that - if Sony really are using a fault-intolerant protocol doing as little as possible to upset the download process would help.

The SPI firewall fix may be legit (i.e. maybe packet delivery from Sony sometimes looks like a DoS attack, which makes sense if they're just throwing a load of UDP packets at you), or it may just tweak some internal logic which makes things works better...who knows.

Right,

New PS3 slim, a few weeks ago, signed into PSN, and downloaded previous content:

Mortal Kombat 2,
Super Rub a Dub,
Super Stardust HD,
Little Big Planet Move.

Downloaded all in the background, all 4 failed at 14%.

Carried out the steps in my post above, and in the other thread.

Re-downloaded them all, NOT in background, all 4 installed fine.

Literally a few minutes ago, deleted Super Stardust HD.....tried download Super Stardust HD on my kids phat ps3, disabling SPI, on my netgear...downloaded in background...download failed to install at 14%.

Enabled SPI, deleted download, and corrupt install data, re-downloaded, NOT in background, Super Stardust HD installed.

So, SPI has nothing to do with it, IMO.

All ports on both PS3's open for the requires PSN access.

This sucks badly. Sony need to sort out this issue - it's been annoying folks for years.

GUYS!!! I have read everywhere on the internet trying to fix this problem, but my dad is an IT manager and figured out what finally worked for us! I extremely recommend trying this for yourself, but i'm not 100% sure it will work for everyone. I could't install a map pack, and then found out i couldn't install ANYTHING. So this is what actually worked!

1: Update your router firmware! Open your browser and type in your gateway IP address. If you don't know how to find this out, you probably shouldn't be messing around with your router anyway. Or just look it up online, i'm sure you can find a how-to somewhere online.

2: Put your PS3 in DMZ!

3: Disable WMM (Video Priority)

4: Set NAT security open (No deep packet inspection)

This was done with a linksys wireless router. I didn't put in-depth instrucctions because everyone's router will be different. Please please PLEASE give this thumbs ups or like it or whatever. Just let everyone know that this WORKS!

It may actually just be one or two of the things above, but it worked with the combination of all of these so i'm sticking with it!

We tried many different things, but this one actually worked. I can't stress enough to post a link to this or something. Just get the word out okay!? If you wanna know why this works, well here it goes.

A PS3 is basically built for speed, thats what it's optimized for. So with your NAT type open, it kind of slows it down. We think that since it trying to go too fast, that packets are being dropped in the download. Disabling the WMM, and putting it in a DMZ will just contribute to everything. Simply updating your router may fix the problem, but I would rather do all of it so I don't have to download a large file just to find out that I needed to do the other steps also. 4.0 may have been supposed to up the speed, which caused the problem, but there's no way to know for sure. I give full credibility to my dad Will Bryant to figuring this out, but I'm posting this, so i ask to please not just copy and paste this and take credit.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

WilliamBryant said:
GUYS!!! I have read everywhere on the internet trying to fix this problem, but my dad is an IT manager and figured out what finally worked for us! I extremely recommend trying this for yourself, but i'm not 100% sure it will work for everyone. I could't install a map pack, and then found out i couldn't install ANYTHING. So this is what actually worked!

1: Update your router firmware! Open your browser and type in your gateway IP address. If you don't know how to find this out, you probably shouldn't be messing around with your router anyway. Or just look it up online, i'm sure you can find a how-to somewhere online.

2: Put your PS3 in DMZ!

3: Disable WMM (Video Priority)

4: Set NAT security open (No deep packet inspection)

This was done with a linksys wireless router. I didn't put in-depth instrucctions because everyone's router will be different. Please please PLEASE give this thumbs ups or like it or whatever. Just let everyone know that this WORKS!

It may actually just be one or two of the things above, but it worked with the combination of all of these so i'm sticking with it!

We tried many different things, but this one actually worked. I can't stress enough to post a link to this or something. Just get the word out okay!? If you wanna know why this works, well here it goes.

A PS3 is basically built for speed, thats what it's optimized for. So with your NAT type open, it kind of slows it down. We think that since it trying to go too fast, that packets are being dropped in the download. Disabling the WMM, and putting it in a DMZ will just contribute to everything. Simply updating your router may fix the problem, but I would rather do all of it so I don't have to download a large file just to find out that I needed to do the other steps also. 4.0 may have been supposed to up the speed, which caused the problem, but there's no way to know for sure. I give full credibility to my dad Will Bryant to figuring this out, but I'm posting this, so i ask to please not just copy and paste this and take credit.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

Thanks will try tonight as have been having issues similar to yours. Your instructions do seem logical to fix the issue as I suspected similar causes.

Ok I've been having this error now with 2 downloads and i haven't been able to successfully install either one of them...
I was getting 80029564 now it changed to the 80010038. I did try turning off the WMM and put PS3 in DMZ. (I'm getting this while trying to install twisted metal black which i just got today Feb 14th 2012. It came with the PS3 Twisted Metal Game. I wish i could figure this out...

DARN IT!

People have solved this by taking their PS3's to other ISP's but i disagree and don't believe this to be the problem.. Does anyone have any more advice. I am using Verizon Fios.

My PS3 is a FAT 80 gb system and the only difference to it is that i changed the HDD inside to a 300GB Drive.

Jason

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom