Downloaded DTS Wav to play on PS3

Mission control

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I downloaded an album 5.1 DTS in a Wav format. I can play it with Vlc and foobar player on my laptop. I want to play it on my PS3 as I use it with my Yamaha DTS 5.1 amp and surround system.
I burned it to disc (cd-r) and it just plays white noise.
Any ideas on how to play it?

Cheers

Make sure the volume on the ps3 is set to 100% and that no other audio processing is turned on.

Tried that, no joy.
Read about converting using surcode dts encoder then using audiomuxer to finish. Seems a bit long winded.
Any thoughts?

It should just work. I've done it several times in the past. The key is to ensure that the ps3 is doing no processing whatsoever to the audio.

I'll have a play later and see if I can come up with a more definitive answer.

OK, just checked mine and it's working fine.

Under Music Settings, make sure output frequency is set to 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz

Run through the display settings wizard, and when you get to the HDMI audio options, choose manual. Untick 2ch LPCM 88.2 and 176.4 leaving only 44.1 selected.

Finally, make sure you have the volume set to '0'

Thanks for your advice.
I tried all the settings set as stated. My volume was at +1 so I set it to normal.
When I set the volume it went from white noise sound to silence!?
I tried burning a different album onto disk and the ps3 doesn't even acknowledge it. (Although it reads the first disk)
Is there anything else I should try or look at?

Silence is better than white noise! Make sure your amplifier is set to automatically detect input formats. Another thing to try would be to use an optical cable instead of HDMI.

I've got it connected with an optical cable. The input detect settings on the amp are all on auto. I manually set the cd input to DTS. - Still no good.

I can play both discs with vlc on my laptop so I guess they are alright.

I'm stumped!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom