Downloaded app to wrong iTunes

Discussion in 'iPad Forum' started by HMHB, Jan 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,142
    I have iTunes set up on 2 separate windows users on the same computer and both set up with the same iTunes account.

I've just bought an app but downloaded it to the wrong iTunes. I don't want to sync with this iTunes as it doesn't have all my music etc on and I've already synced the ipod with the other iTunes.

Is there a way to get this purchased app onto the other iTunes on the other windows user?

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,142
    Sorry, I've sussed it out! There was an option in the iTunes store to download it when opened up from the other copy of iTunes :)

I'm not used to buying stuff from the iTunes store !!!

3. peebly

peebly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Out of interest

Why have iTunes installed twice if it's the same iTunes account ?

Also would it to be easier to use iTunes on the iPad ?

Each device has a separate profile, for example if I connect my iPod it syncs the music to it, but if I connect the iPhone it does not.

You can set up each device differently from one iTunes instillation and account.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,142
    I don't have an iPad, just an iPod Touch. I have 2 instances of iTunes installed so that I can have different music at home and when out and about. I have to limit my "out and about" iTunes library to 192 VBR MP3 files whereas in the house I can have whatever I like as space is not an issue :)

5. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Your entitled to set it up as you like, but its certainly a weird and complicated way to run a iTunes library. I would have just created a playlist for the iPod touch so it just syncs from the one library.

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,142
    But doing it that way would mean I'd have every track duplicated in the same library, once in lossless and again at 192. I have them duplicated but in totally separate libraries on separate windows users.

7. bpsmith

bpsmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +709
    Or just use the option on the iPod settings tab to convert to lower quality to save space. Can't remember the quality level, as laying in bed on my iPhone typing this, but it's on the main options screen when you click on your iThing from the left side of iTunes. Would save all your duplication that way!

8. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,142
    I see your point but I'd rather control the quality of the MP3 files for my iPod myself :) Also I have all my tracks in a few different formats, FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 192 VBR etc and then I can put whichever version I want onto whatever device I want.

I originally rip everything to FLAC for use on my Sonos system using dbPowerAmp. I then use the batch conversion facility of dbPowerAmp to convert the FLAC files to the other formats.

As you can see, I'm very anal about my music files :rotfl:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  9. bpsmith

bpsmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +709
    In that case fella, continue as you are. The guys above, including myself, are trying to help based on their needs or wants. If it works for you, then good luck and enjoy!

10. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,142
    Yes I know people are trying to help and I do appreciate any comments :) I just have my own ways of doing things and have been doing so for many years. I don't like the thought of something automatically converting music for me as I want to control that sort of thing myself.

It was just unfortunate that I downloaded my first paid for app to the wrong iTunes :facepalm: I had my first ipod in 2004 so have been using this kind of setup for some time now so shouldn't have made that mistake :laugh: