• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Download codes for xbox one

1jim

Prominent Member
Sorry for the very sillyy question, do game download codes have an expiry date?
Want to get fifa 16 for my son as a reward for sleeping well. ...but he needs to earn it first, have seen a deal at simply games (I think) but don't want to buy it now if it needs redemming straight away

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Not that I am aware of but you may want to double check with Simply Games.

Also worth checking CDkeys and see if they have any deals on.

kopchoir

Banned
CD keys had Fifa 16 for £20 Xmas day

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Sorry for the very sillyy question, do game download codes have an expiry date?
Want to get fifa 16 for my son as a reward for sleeping well. ...but he needs to earn it first, have seen a deal at simply games (I think) but don't want to buy it now if it needs redemming straight away

I have a feeling they do have an expiry date but it's a long way off. I got my son a fifa bundle for xmas and seem to recall the code had about a year or so to use it. Also the EA Access code needs to be used by Dec 2016 or something.

Check with the seller, but you should have long enough for what you need. Also, bear in mind you can always redeem to your account and just not install it yet. That way you've redeemed the code ok and can install whenever.

1jim

Prominent Member
I have a feeling they do have an expiry date but it's a long way off. I got my son a fifa bundle for xmas and seem to recall the code had about a year or so to use it. Also the EA Access code needs to be used by Dec 2016 or something.

Check with the seller, but you should have long enough for what you need. Also, bear in mind you can always redeem to your account and just not install it yet. That way you've redeemed the code ok and can install whenever.

Thanks, didn't know you could redeem without installing, will do that. Thanks again

mklion123

Distinguished Member

Won't that give his son the option to install? or even worse auto install it?

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Won't that give his son the option to install? or even worse auto install it?

I'm assuming that as it's a reward for sleeping well, that he's at an age that usage is easily controlled, and therefore the installation can be controlled as required. If it starts to auto install by default, it can be cancelled. If he tries to install and play before he's allowed then I'm sure that can be dealt with accordingly as seen fit.

The point was the game code will have been redeemed to the live account so no chance of it then expiring.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom