Download 2010

vader100

Prominent Member
Reaction score
AC/DC confirmed as headline act for Donington 2010. I have heard rumours this may be their last gig and they will use it to announce their retirement.:eek:

Also confirmed, Them Crooked Vultures, Megadeth:clap:,Motorhead:clap:,Deftones,Stone Temple Pilots, Bullet For My Valentine, Wolfmother,Volbeat.

I must admit I'm quite underwhelmed about the announcement. Great news about AC/DC, but I'm really struggling to find what the hype is about TCV. The last time Grohl tried to put together a superband it fell flat on its face. Normally, the guy can do no wrong in my eyes.

Think i will give it a miss again this year.

Sonisphere is looking good though :thumbsup:

Deftones

Even though Deftones are playing?

Just got my ticket :clap:

Be careful when you order them there is a 3 day camping ticket i.e. friday, saturday, sunday, be careful to not select that one by accident.

Even though Deftones are playing?

Just got my ticket :clap:

Be careful when you order them there is a 3 day camping ticket i.e. friday, saturday, sunday, be careful to not select that one by accident.

I have seen them about 10 times and they are not the greatest at a Festival so will wait for them to tour :thumbsup:

Not enjoyed Download over the past few years.

Enjoy it though guys :smashin:

Deftones

Last edited:
Just got my tickets for Download.

Sonisphere looks good as well, but I've done Maiden live to death and I'm seeing Rammstein and Slayer on their own tours.

I'll go, just waiting to see who else they add. I normally just buy a day ticket for the 1 day I fancy the most....can't be doing with all the camping hassle these days, and to pay for comfort costs a fortune!

Download looks good to me, though Id go just for Stone Temple Pilots alone!

Sonisphere was great last year, but this year has absolutely nothing for me besides Fear Factory. Certainly shant be going unless they get some REALLY good bands at the last minute.

Download this year doesn't have as good a lineup at all. It is missing the metal to me. Last year DOWN and Devildriver started a great Saturday of solid options, this year i cant see it happening. Hopefully more will be announced. That said ACDC could be awesome!

Download looks good to me, though Id go just for Stone Temple Pilots alone!

This!!!

I'm there .... last years was awesome, but then again FNM were playing so it was bound to be!

Metallica rumoured to be playing Saturday, or Sunday Apparently ... If Soundgarden complete the headliners it has to be the best line up ever surely?

Download this year doesn't have as good a lineup at all. It is missing the metal to me. Last year DOWN and Devildriver started a great Saturday of solid options, this year i cant see it happening. Hopefully more will be announced. That said ACDC could be awesome!

not even 1/10th of the line up has been announced yet

I might give this a go this year ,last time I went it was Monsters of Rock :rolleyes:

Cricky, showing your age their m8ty

Other two headliners announced tonight:

Rage Against The Machine, and Aerosmith :thumbsup:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what Aerosmith will be doing though, as last I heard Steven Tyler was going into rehab and the band were looking for a temporary replacement. Guess this means they found somebody...

Apart from RATM most of the the 2nd lot of bands announced yesterday were more exciting for me:

Lamb of God
Stone Sour
Five Finger Death Punch
Billy Idol
and er..... 30 Seconds to Mars :rolleyes: hopefully they will only be on stage for 30 seconds before they get back off.

I guess rumours of Aerosmith's demise were greatly exaggerated. With this,Stone Sour and AC/DC I've got to go. May be the last chance to see those two great rock bands.

Saw Aerosmith at '94 Monsters of Rock. Look forward to welcoming them back.

Aerosmith at download will be literally amazing. Saw them at Hard Rock Calling and they were fantastic, plus also gives me hope Aerosmith will finally release some new material which has been ongoing for years:clap:

Aerosmith at download will be literally amazing. Saw them at Hard Rock Calling and they were fantastic, plus also gives me hope Aerosmith will finally release some new material which has been ongoing for years:clap:

it's doubtful i think with all this stuff with stephen tyler, i want to go just to see them and Ac/dc as i dont think i'll get many more chances at either

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom